1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
So glad we are doing our part to raise the league up...ugh. Anyway, don't see where you have Hartford listed. They were #266...

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops, sorry I missed that one. This league would be totally fine if we didn't have so many teams year in and year out in the 260-330+ range.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Conf RPI only matters to conf who don't consistently send a 16 seed to the NCAA PIG, which is where this conf will wind up once again. Sorry, but that's the truth.

if the AE AQ gets past the PIG for once, then they will be the 16 seed vs the overall #1 seed in the East at Philadelphia. Book your travel for Dayton, but hold off on Philly ;)

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Conf RPI only matters to conf who don't consistently send a 16 seed to the NCAA PIG,
if the AE AQ gets past the PIG for once, then they will be the 16 seed vs the overall #1 seed in the East at Philadelphia. Book your travel for Dayton, but hold off on Philly ;)
"Consistently Send"= AE has been in PIG 1 time. AE has been past the PIG..the one time its been

Nostra, you gotta stop eating paint chips.....or maybe start eating them?....whichever.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
The UA team has thus far exceeded my expectations, especially on the offensive end. I was concerned where we'd get the offense...I've upgraded UA from hold to buy! Not only because of the Washington win but how they played Ohio St and even for good stretches against the Dukes. This team is SO MUCH tougher mentally then the 3 previous teams with guys like Suero, Harris etc.

There is grit and toughness in this bunch...I like it! Balance is pretty good as well...a few good shooters surrounding Mike Black driving and Puk down low. Puk has had a terrible match-up the last two games but still managed to get key buckets, and lead the Ohio St. game in rebounds (both teams).

Very encouraging

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Way to early to even look at the RPI

give it till Christmas or atleast early December.

Just root for as many AE DI wins as possible

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Yeah, Albany is a much better Team this season. It's no longer just 3 guys going out and scoring, but an actual team.

Not that surprised since you played better when Suero/Aronhalt were out at the end of the season last year anyways. Appear to have quite a bit of depth this year and some guys are really stepping up. Having Jacob Iati I think back is huge.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Appear to have quite a bit of depth this year and some guys are really stepping up. Having Jacob Iati I think back is huge. - UVMHC
The great thing about Jacob is he is just like his brother Jon - fearless and although physically challenged (at times) he competes every second he's out there.

Solid depth this year - The three Aussies will all contribute as will the three JCs (who each posess unique qualities) as/if they learn and accept their roles. Don't sleep on John Puk his numbers vs an A10, a Big 10 and a PAC 12 team far surpass his numbers of his 1st two years at UA (I think the light bulb went on).

But it is very early and we just have to sit back and see how thing progress. But it is nice to have HOPE!

·
Extra Spicy Takes
3,522 Posts
Conf RPI only matters to conf who don't consistently send a 16 seed to the NCAA PIG, which is where this conf will wind up once again. Sorry, but that's the truth.

0/10

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
416 Posts
Bucknell, Air Force, & UVM in the top 7, while Duke & Kentucky come in at #19& #21. Yeah, I think it's way to soon to give these rankings any credibility.

As for conf rpi, the AE consistently ends up in the mid 20's over recent years, and there is no reason to think that will be any different this season. Just wait till BU is gone, cause' then it's gonna tank big time.

I'm thinking that the AE should just go ahead and reserve a bunch of rooms in Dayton for the next decade or so. Maybe they could get a bulk discount? :)

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Not all 4 16 seeds come from the PIG. How are those paint chips, anyway :)
Explain how something is happening "consistently" when it's only happened 1 time in the history of the conference.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Realtimerpi.com updated/reflecting actual wins...Conference RPI #23

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_aeast_Men.html

18 Vermont
75 Albany
82 Stony Brook
129 New Hampshire
258 Binghamton
269 Hartford
288 Boston U.
318 MD Baltimore Cty.
329 Maine

Still very early obviously, but Albany has already played 5 games so things positive thus far....Bing and Hartford both on the board with wins as well. Did not see Binghamton getting a win before Maine but...here we are.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where were we at this point last year??

·
Banned
416 Posts
15th...23rd....24th...

and after tonight's losses, probably 25th or worse

The elevator is headed downward and we're still 7 weeks away from conf play:frenchy:

What is going to happen next year without BU?:paperbag:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts