Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
File in the gaps. Price of one all session ticket.

2003 $80/$120 Dayton, OH (7 games)

2005 $120/140/300 Cincinnati, OH (11 games)

2011 Atlantic City

2012 Brooklyn

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
AC -> buy a $20 ticket each day and sit wherever you please. $60 total x 5 years = $300. (Amount won/lost at tables - withheld)

Brooklyn -> they run offers for $15 Nets tickets for every game via sponsors (Modells, etc.) and recently gave away thousands of free unsold tickets to the first boxing match at the arena in order to fill it up. Expect lots of such offers come March for the A10 tourney. If I hear of any local or online offers, will pass them on, I'm sure they will be out there.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Barclays is doing a promo for the December 15th triple-header that Fordham is in. When they set that up with me they said they planned to do something similar for the tournament. I am sure they can set something up through each team's forum or maybe even through this forum.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Atlantic City seemed to have the best thing going for student sections in over a decade, especially Temple and Xavier's.

(Cincinnati had by far the worst arrangement.)

I hope that Brooklyn attracts a lot of daytrippers from the northeast teams like SJU, La Salle, UMass, and some overnighters from schools that coordinate their spring break with the tourney (which all schools should strive to do, to minimize the impact on athletes missing time, and give the students a New York City trip opportunity, at group cost rates if there is a bus or hotel situation, without cutting class as well).

My fear is Brooklyn being more like Cincy than AC in not attracting the crowds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts