Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
7041 - 7060 of 7093 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
If UD leaves we should immediatly start fcs and offer to
Stony Brook is probably regretting its move to the CAA far earlier than anyone ever expected. Campbell, NC A&T, and Hampton????
their fans would never admit that due to a few current sports that are better than the AE's but from an institutional standpoint... Probably.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
This would be a great time for Maine, UNH, Albany & Nova to have a chat with the Patriot League about affiliate membership in football.
I hate to say but I disagree the PL sucks and has done less to further football than any other conference. For me its start AE football or ride it out. we have UNH Maine Albany URI..... and while I know their stadium is small Bryant.. locked in.... So it really depends on what else happens.

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
I hate to say but I disagree the PL sucks and has done less to further football than any other conference. For me its start AE football or ride it out. we have UNH Maine Albany URI..... and while I know their stadium is small Bryant.. locked in.... So it really depends on what else happens.
Been saying this for years.

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
So...i will come clean here. Remember when I said a "surprise announcement" was supposed to be made in February...this was the announcement. Campbell was going to be announced in Feb, according to my numerous sources...then never happened.
Sounds like there was some second guessing, wondering if they didn’t like some of the moves done around that time.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
With the addition of Campbell, The CAA continues to water down its leagues for the two most important sports it sponsors.

Future CAA Football
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Elon
NC A&T
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Hampton
Campbell
Maine
UNH
URI
Albany
Villanova
Richmond

Future CAA Basketball
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Elon
NC A&T
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Hampton
Campbell
Drexel
UNC-Wilmington
Hofstra
Northeastern
Charleston

·
Registered
223 Posts
Been saying this for years.
Yeah it’s just too late realistically, it’s also really hard because we’ve been playing W&M, Nova, UD and Richmond since the early 80s/90s. We don’t want to lose them as conference mates. AE dropped the big ball for not taking over football as it was the New England conference before even the Yankee.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
With the addition of Campbell, The CAA continues to water down its leagues for the two most important sports it sponsors.

Future CAA Football
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Elon
NC A&T
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Hampton
Campbell
Maine
UNH
URI
Albany
Villanova
Richmond

Future CAA Basketball
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Elon
NC A&T
Stony Brook
Monmouth
Hampton
Campbell
Drexel
UNC-Wilmington
Hofstra
Northeastern
Charleston
League HAS to split...i cannot see this working out any other way.

7041 - 7060 of 7093 Posts