Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
7281 - 7295 of 7295 Posts

· Registered
4,341 Posts
I guess if you are going to hire a politician, which it always seemed like the NCAA was going to do, you have to go with a noted centrist. You hire a staunch conservative or liberal you are going to struggle to lobby 50% of Washington.

· Gr8t Dane
924 Posts
Interesting. I like that he was a student at a Mid-Major in Harvard, but also got his MBA from a Big 10 school in Northwestern. He was born in Elmira (Upstate NY) and grew up in Massachusetts.

Could be good for mid-majors and Northeast Schools as he won't have that Southern/mid-west football bias, but I have to imagine he understands the $$$.

Could be interesting. Let's hope for the best.

· Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Not as OT as one would initially think, but Wall St. analysts are predicting a spin off or even a sale of ESPN and maybe ABC. Since the House of Mouse is a major factor of college realignment, I wonder what this could do once those SEC and ACC contracts expire.

· Registered
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,291 ·
Matt Brown with his conference realignment predictions for 2023......short on specifics other than Gonzaga and San Diego State to the PAC12.

· Registered
274 Posts
Saw that the town of Fresno voted to allow/push for a P5 conference if it became available lol….. I don’t think Fresno State is on anyone’s actual radar…. Anyone else jittery just waiting for the next domino to fall?

7281 - 7295 of 7295 Posts