Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wisconsin-Green Bay 60, Loyola Chicago 55 (Final)
Wisconsin-Milwaukee 78, Cleveland State 64 (Final)

A different start to the UWGB game tonight. They were up 2-0 before tip-off. Apparently, one of the Loyola players did a dunk during warm-ups and were called for a technical foul.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good win for GB. Although Loyola is on the ropes, I still think that they are an athletic and somewhat talented team that COULD beat some people.

As far as the dunk before the game.........seeing as I didn't see it, I may be way off base, but I think either a). The guy who "dunked" is a complete fool because it is well known NOT to dunk before the game. I would like to think that he didn't flex the rim - maybe he just touched it, who knows; or b). The refs had an "issue" with LU at a previous point in time and wanted to make a point.

The bottom line is that this is a call that you see in high school games, not college games. But nonetheless a good start for GB. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The story from somebody at the game was that he DID flex the rim and the sound caught the refs attention, that is why he got the technical. Not a good or smart way to start a game.

I have a question, during a game, a technical usually counts as personal foul against the player, what is the result if it occurs before the game?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the official (you can get it from the UWGB or Loyola athletics site) box score, it wasn't counted in the team fouls or against a player, but it was assessed before tip-off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts