Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wisconsin-Milwaukee 68, Wright State 53 (Final)

Well, it may be time to consider that Milwaukee may be going 16-0 in conference...as unlikely as it seems, they only have one more difficult road game (UIC), and two more at home (UWGB, WSU)which they can probably win.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was impresssed by what I saw at the Nutt House against Wright State tonight by UWM. They are certainly loaded with talent. I really liked Dylan Page. He would block a shot on one end and then while being doduble teamed on the other end he would muscle in a shot.

I do think they are beatable. I think UWGB and Wright State stand the best chance of beating them Wright State just didn't play as tough tonight as they have in the lat 6 games.

So it is not over yet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>CigarBoy</b>!
I do think they are beatable. I think UWGB and Wright State stand the best chance of beating them Wright State just didn't play as tough tonight as they have in the lat 6 games.

So it is not over yet.
If they were playing at home, maybe, but they even lost at home. Either team would have to play their games of the year to beat UWM, or UWM would have to play one of its worst. It's possible, and it would probably happen if UWM became too overconfident.

Anyway, at this point, for anyone else to have a chance at the regular season championship, UWM has to lose twice now, but I don't think everyone else can win out. At this point, the regular season championship is out of the reach of everyone else except UWGB and Wright State, and those two still have to play again in the regular season finale (though it would be great to have that game played for the conference championship, like last year between UWM and Butler). I don't think UWM is going to lose 4 games before the end of the season, so everyone else is out.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
The odds of UWM finishing 12-4 in the Horizon this year are very small. More than likely they will finish 15-1 or 14-2.

UWGB and Wright State are not going into US Cellular and beating them this year. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
UWGB and Wright State are not going into US Cellular and beating them this year. Not gonna happen.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is true. I see the only way, then, that Milwaukee is going to lose is if they lose at UIC or at Butler. I only include Butler in there because Hinkle Fieldhouse is still a difficult place to play despite Butler's below average performance this season.

Every time they win, though, it looks a little more like they are going to go 16-0. However, our women's team at UWGB looked like it might go 16-0 last season, but did have that one loss against Wright State that prevented that (and also knocked them down 5 places in the polls).

However, if that's true that no one can win at the U.S. Cellular Arena, then we might as well give the automatic tournament berth to UWM, because they'll be going, and the best anyone else can hope for in this conference is the NIT, which, at this point, only Detroit may be eligible for (they still have a higher RPI).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Bruce is gettin the job done for THE (just like Ohio State) University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (my current school).

Shout out to coach T.

Go Panthers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts