·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dre to Clipz

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well this is sorta 5 hours old. It's wise to post the full trade to get peoples opinions.

Ie:

To Clippers:

Andre Miller
Briant Stith

To Cavs:

Darius Miles
Harold Jamison

Personally I think the Clippers will really regret losing Darius this kid has future star all over him.

Both teams get better with this trade.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well its sorta like trading the next KG for the next Jason Kidd

would u trade KG for Kidd?....i think its even

but......seems like we dont kno if he's gonna be like KG yet...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I like your comparison of Dre and Miles to Kidd and Garnett, I think it describes the type of player they are well. However, I also think that Miller is a top 5 point guard in the league right now and is a whole lot closer to becoming as good as Kidd than Miles is to getting to Garnett's level. In the next few seasons Miles will be getting a lot of playing time and should improve greatly as a player, I don't think he will ever become as good as Garnett though. He is not nearly the passer that Kg is, but other than assists I think he will get comparable stats to him in the future. I think the Clippers made a great trade, they already have an extremely talented SF in Odom and now they are full of talent at all 5 positions. They should be able to make the playoffs next season and if Sterling keeps the team intact they should have a good chance to compete for a ring in a few years.

·
Registered
920 Posts
IDK how Miles will play without havind Q. They played off eachother. When one of them was in a slump, they were both in a slump. They fed off eachother.

But then again i will be watching the Cleveland Cavaliers a lot more. And that is what Cleveland needed was to put fans in the seats.

Makes both teams better:
Cleveland
PG Wagner
SG Davis
SF Miles
PF Jones
C Diop

L.A. Clippers
PG Miller
SG Richardson
SF Odom
PF Brand
C Olowokandi

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can see the cavs being quite good in a few years, they have the brightest future in the NBA Now besides the Bulls and maybe the Nugz. I think the clips will do great this season though, and make the playoffs (probably a number 8 seed though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
maybe they figured that with andre miller they won 29 games and without him they'll sure enough lose some of thsoe 29. they loved lebron james in that illegal workout. maybe they tryin to get the best odds for the number 1 pick? this trade also of course bolsters the cleveland future if miles pans out. and now the clips are definitely a playoff team. low seed, but playoff nonetheless.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the clipps could be really good with this trade, the whole splitting up miles and q is the only problem i have with it. but the clipps should be great this year, miller can feed kandi and brand in the post all day and odom and q can hit the kickout jumpers. that is just a great starting lineup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
IDK how much improved the Clippers will be. Sure Andre Miller's an improvment over Jeff McInnis but not by as much as people think and now that they've lost Darius Miles IDK, well just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The Clippers now have what it takes to be a strong team. Somehow, they may screw it up, like always. They need to think and play as a team, using athleticism under control. Someone will have to be the "go to" fourth quarter finisher, as well. If they are going to do it, they should click by mid year, and their young legs carry them in to the playoffs. Still have my doubts.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
Makes both teams better:
Cleveland
PG Wagner
SG Davis
SF Miles
PF Jones
C Diop

Wagner is not ready to start at point guard. The Cavs managers, etc... have said he is a shooting guard. They will probably trade either Mihm + Jones for Antonio Daniels, Lamond Murray for Antonio Daniels, or Murray + Mihm + Hill for Daniels + Steve Smith. Anyways they will get Daniels and play him at the one. This would give the Waggs the oppurtunity(sp?) to play 2g. I don't know if they will resign Ricky Davis. If they do he will either come off the bench again or be traded to another team. And Jumaine Jones is too small to play PF and Diop is still 2 years off.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think the Clippers got the better end of the deal. No one knows if Miles will ever develop into what his potential is. Miller is already a proven (young) commodity.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Personally, I think the Cavaliers got totally screwed on this trade. Your trading a top 5 pg for a guy, who has potential, but in two years has done nothing. Man are the Cavaliers trying to totally tank their season for Lebron.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts