Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best part about this story is that the Grizzlies accomplished it in only 50 games. Keep the wins coming Grizzlies. I bet all of the players on the team expect a whole lot out of themselves in order for them to reach the playoffs.

There will be losing streaks.

There will be winning streaks.

As long as the chemistry is good and flowing, the Grizzlies will always overcome the adversity, and the losing. Keep it up Grizzlies!!!

Franchise Record Win Total: 29

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm very glad to see the Grizzlies aren't the butt of jokes anymore. :D.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
"I'd like to get 50 wins," Gasol said half-jokingly after the team improved to 28-21. "Why not?"
That was after the Milwaukee win. If the team keeps playing the way they've been going since the beginning of January, then it's definitely possible.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'd like to see them get 60.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Go Grizz. I am definitely looking forward to seeing them play in the playoffs for the first time ever. It will definitely be a milestone in a good way.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
niceness. Best thing that happened to the Grizz was the front office change getting Jerry West and coaching change getting Hubie. They've really turned the team around. Keyword: team...they have such a solid roster top to bottom. Would love to see them in the playoffs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If we still had Steve Francis, would we be a better team?

PG: Williams
SG: Francis
SF: Posey
PF: Gasol
C: Wright

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by AL9045!

Dont' forget about a healthy Big Country down low. If we had him. Considering he was still pretty good, then our team would be flat out, title contenders.

But that is just a big if, and I'm not into "if'ing" the season. I'll let it be how it is, and I'm fine with where we are at.

That's like saying: "We should have won by 2", or "I should have made that shot". You could have done those things, but it is in the past now, and you can't change that fact. Ya know?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I hope they make the playoffs. It would be a nice thing for the franchise. Give some legitimacy.

They're very talented and well coached.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I got this long old Jason Williams clip, and I sort of wish he would pull that stuff again, but I guess he's a better player now.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
I got this long old Jason Williams clip, and I sort of wish he would pull that stuff again, but I guess he's a better player now.
Care to share?

Thanks.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!

If you still had Francis, your team would still be in Vancouver

But yah congrats to you guys for finally being able to see the first winning season for the Grizzlies

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Awesome game last night. Pau is clutch.

Memphis now 6th in the West - only 2 games behind the slumping Lakers. Who woulda thought?

Congratz Grizzlies!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've seen the game against Minny.. They are awesome.. their system is awesome.. Everyone is important.. J-Will is mature now..and Pau, despite the stats outplayed KG.. Pau has the talent to be a superstar.. He has just a bad attitude and is not enough agressive..
The duo Hubie-Jerry has made something extraordinary.. they are not far from being a contender team for the title.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>european</b>!

I am a Grizzlies fan,but come on...

Well, find out where he is from, age is always a good thing b4 inputing meaningless post.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did anyone pay attention to the last Wolves possesion where Madsen missed the uncontested lay.up...wasn´t James Posey pulling his jersey there?
Anyone congradulations to the Grizzlies, this franchise has some promising stars in Gasol, Williams, Miller, and Swift...and battier is very clutch. I was surprised that they didn´t go for gasol. Coach said that, knowing KG would defending him, that wouldn´t have been a smart move...but Gasol was really hot that match...11-14 from the field!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts