Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for being selected to compete in the Three Point Shootout.

NEW YORK, Jan. 22 – Two-time defending champion Peja Stojakovic of the Sacramento Kings highlights a field of six in the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, to be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, Feb, 14 at STAPLES Center.

Rounding out the star-studded field will be Seattle’s Brent Barry, Detroit’s Chauncey Billups, Denver’s Voshon Lenard, Seattle’s Rashard Lewis and Houston’s Cuttino Mobley. Stojakovic will be attempting to join Larry Bird and Craig Hodges as the only players to win the competition in three consecutive years.

http://aol.nba.com/news/shootout_040122.html

·
Registered
385 Posts
He should do really well because of his quick release.

Why Lewis & Barry from Seattle?
They are not even the best shooters on their team.
Ray Allen, Radmonovic, Ridenour, & Murray are all better shooters.
Ray Allen is way better.

Hell, Jon Barry is better than Brent.

Maybe everyone is afraid of Peja.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hehe, maybe it's rigged :)

I'm really happy that Billups was chosen to represent Detroit in the 3pt shootout. He could win it if he catches fire :)

I haven't seen many Detroit games (due to my stupid cable provider) but what type of shooter is Billups. Does he land where he takes off from or does he land forward (meaning he lands closer to the basket than where he jumped from)?

I have watched the 3pt shootout for many years now and it's usually the shooters who land on the spot they jumped from that win the competition (ie: Peja lands exactly where he jumps from when he shoots).

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Glad to see he is going to be in the contest just another reason to watch it and just as long as he doesn't make a fool out of himself like twan did I will be happy. BTW maybe they have already but when do they announce the rosters for the rookie game?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Chauncey actually should do excellent in the contest. If he can catch fire...watch out. He has a quick release, and really doesn't jump that much. It's almost as if he's shooting a set shot. Should be fun to watch...I don't remember any Pistons being in any of these contests since Stack in the Slam Dunk contest a couple years ago.
BTW, does anyone know if darko is playing in the rook vs. soph game? I know Tay and Memo are in it...

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Ben Wallace starting in the ASG
Billups in the three point competition
Tayshaun and Memo in the rookie game and maybe Darko.
Now all we need is Darvin Ham in the dunk competition!

I think BIllups could win this easily but he could aslo lose it horribly too, he is a streaky shooter, let's hope he is on a streak that night.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>D.Spartan</b>!
Charles Barkley just picked Chauncey to win.

Does this mean that I can't hate Sir Charles anymore??
I used to like the guy and i respect him as a player, but his hate on the Pistons and refusal to give them credit boggles me.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0401/23/h01-43926.htm

Frankly, if Chauncey Billups has to go to Los Angeles for All-Star Weekend, he would just as soon be playing in the big game Sunday.

There’s still an outside chance that could happen — he could be voted onto the All-Star team as a reserve by the coaches — but, in the meantime, he was one of six players selected Thursday to compete in the Three-point Shoot-out, which will be held Saturday, Feb. 14.

“It’s good to be a part of that, but I want to be a part of the big game,” said Billups, who joins Terry Mills (1997) as the only Pistons ever to compete in the competition. “Hopefully, that will still happen, but I am happy to be part of the weekend.”

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
Darko had better be in or I will cry. The NBA doesn't want any crying fans now does it? :confused: :laugh:

as much as i like the kids' potential you have to actually do something to get to the rookie game.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!

as much as i like the kids' potential you have to actually do something to get to the rookie game.
It is also a show to please the fans and fans like to see the number 2 pick in action.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!

It is also a show to please the fans and fans like to see the number 2 pick in action.
i agree, i would love to see him in the game and who knows maybe he will be but all i'm saying is people pick the teams based on some kind of stats which he obviously doesnt have much of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts