Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Palindrome
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad to see the Explorers post a winning record for the first time in way to long. Their resurgence, along with that of Fordham, gives hope to those of us still supporting the Dukes.

I hope you guys do well in the NIT.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Agreed. Giannini and LaSalle deserve congratulations for a great year. I hope it continues in the NIT.

·
Registered
225 Posts
LaSalle's amazing recovery should not be diminished by their loss last night. I hope they receive an NIT bid so Smith gets to play in at least one post-season game in his career.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks guys. Classy posts. Lets hope all of our programs continue to build and make the A-10 as strong as ever in the coming years.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I really like the job Dr. G is doing, and congrats again to the Explorers.

I suspect he'll be a little down next year without Steve Smith, who wouldn't be, but the Dr. G era is well underway and I look for them to compete.

Looking around the league, what a difference from a few years ago.

Talk about addition by subtraction - Hill out Whit in; Hahn out Dr. G. in; Lappas out Ford in. And now, finally, Nee out.

And while there's no doubt that Wainwright is a good coach, I think Mooney will be just fine.

It really is a shame about what happened with the Bonnies. Looking at all the talent he brought in, JVBK could have done good things there if he hadn't gotten so greedy along with the administration's failings.

But as I see it, they are the weak link right now and hopefully Solomon can get the job done.

Now we just have to worry about possibly losing Hobbs, and what's going on with the Owls.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Blue Dog, certainly the loss of Smith is going to hurt us. I do expect us to be very competitive next year. Not to the extent of winning 20 games but I can see us with a +.500 record next year and fighting for 8-8 in conference. While we lose Smith we upgrade our talent base considerably and despite not having a great scorer we will have better balance on the floor with more overall talent and that will hopefully make up some of the loss of Smith. We just can't replace tim totally. He was too good.

The problem is the A-10 will be very strong next year it looks like. I expect Xavier, Dayton, St. Joe's, GW, Fordham, Charlotte, Richmond, Umass and St. Louis to be just as good and better than this year.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I think at this point it would be a travesty if LaSalle doesn't get an NIT bid, but with an RPI of 101 it is going to be unsure of until Sunday.

xu95

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats Explorers on a very good year. Your turnaround should be a model used for other A-10 teams that are looking to turn things around. Make the A-10 proud in the NIT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts