Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I loved Nate Diaz's response to Rogan asking him (something along the lines of) how he feels after shocking the world, and his response was "I'm not surprised mother fuckers".

Too funny.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And that is my point. You acting like this is the first time a guy has gone up or down in a weight class.

Nate Diaz normally fight at 155 and had 2 weeks. McGregor didnt he had a full camp to prepare for RDA where he was most likely training at the 165 range. The whole 2 weeks notice and jumping up in weight class isnt a excuse and McGregor isnt using it as one his fans are.

He needs to fight Frankie Edgar now and if he wins i hope Dominick Cruz moves up to 145 to fight him and i think he will if he also wins his next fight
McGregor makes no excuses, he has really shown a lot of character in his loss.

But this is literally a direct quote from the man himself, "I was inefficient and he was efficient. He took shots well, his size helped him take the shots, whereas normally I hit a man like that and they fold. With that bit of extra weight, he could take those extra shots."

He goes on talking about adjusting next time to a heavier man taking a heavier shot and trying to be more efficient.

It's not an excuse, and I'm not saying it is. But if you think Conor jumping multiple weight classes had zero impact on what happened, you are simply wrong.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts