Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AI's troubles will put a dampen on this season. Time to start looking at next year. Make some trades and prepare for 2003.
AI will be suspended 1/4 of the season and his court trial will drag out during the season and distract the team.
The Sixers have no other players to carry them. Time to have a firesale!...

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by Odom07
AI's troubles will put a dampen on this season. Time to start looking at next year. Make some trades and prepare for 2003.
AI will be suspended 1/4 of the season and his court trial will drag out during the season and distract the team.
If you really believe Iverson's missing 1/4th of the season you really are as dumb as your handle's namesake. The way the whole thing's went down, it's obvious that at the most Iverson is getting 10 days suspension at the start of the season. 10 days that's all, less then 1/8th of the season, of course he'll miss twenty other games due to injury, but we're used to that by now.

If you haven't noticed last season, when Iverson's not around, sometimes the team is forced to play like a team. And guess what? It worked? If you didn't see, Eric Snow led a battered and bruised Sixer team into Orlando and beat them, late in the season.

I bet somewhere there's a class, where they teach people how to stop hating.. I suggest you enroll.

We're in the playoffs, count on that.

-Tim

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Honestly I doubt he will miss no more than 3 games. This case is gonna be thrown out. He just needs to get to practice, and actually practice and work on his "sorry" jumper. And try and lift some weights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PhillyPhanatic,

I was speaking hypothetically, if you could understand that ! Dont you understand the damage these charges against AI are going to do to the team? He might as well miss 1/4 of the season. The team is going to have a cloud over its head all season long. Please grow up and talk like an adult. If you want to call me dumb and any other names you have in your limited dictionary, then back it up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim,
Another thing!.I have no hatred toward anyone. The only thing that bothers me is when you have someone who is supposed to be a role model for the children goes out and does something so idiotic and then gets back on the court like nothing happened. So, if you have anymore problems with my opinions and take it to heart because you are so insecure, then please feel free to email me and we can talk this out like adults...if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Iverson

is not a role model. Though being a sports star comes with eventualy being a role model to kids, some players cant handle that. They don't realize that everything they do is watched by kids who don't know right form wrong. Allen has matured in some ways but will never be the figure we all want him to be, he iwll not miss half the season, personally i don't think he will miss anything rihgt now, because they can't prove anything. As I say at the end of many threads, Time will tell what happens.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Tim,
Another thing!.I have no hatred toward anyone. The only thing that bothers me is when you have someone who is supposed to be a role model for the children goes out and does something so idiotic and then gets back on the court like nothing happened. So, if you have anymore problems with my opinions and take it to heart because you are so insecure, then please feel free to email me and we can talk this out like adults...if you know what i mean.
Insecure, what in the hell are you on about? Here's what I said, read it again, and you'll understand what I meant:

"If you really believe Iverson's missing 1/4th of the season you really are as dumb as your handle's namesake."

Dumb referring to Lamar Odom's well documented idiodicy, in the past two seasons with his drug problems. There's no reason for me to even go to e-mail you, because the fact is you came off with two posts pretty much saying how much the Sixers are going to suck..

What's that? A fan? If I have a limited vocabulary, I know for one that your actions go under the heading of hater, be it for the Sixers or whatever else.

And my opinions of Iverson are all over the place, I don't take his back, I actually lost a ton of respect for him. I'm not blind, I know he got the good side of this deal, he was allotted an amount of time to get rid of the gun, and this whole thing is going to be brushed under the table for lack of evidence. And he's going to get away from it, and guess what?

He's going to go back and do what he's been doing the whole time, not learning a thing. What makes me think that? The man didn't learn from the bowling alley incident from back in high school, he's still hanging around the same guys, and acting the same exact way.

He's extremely talented, with his speed and athleticism alone he puts himself as one of the top ten players in the league. But what hurts me while watching him, is that his lack of an offseason regimine, his lack of practice, his lack of wanting to improve has him on the fringe of the top ten with others ready to jump over him.

Allen Iverson is a really good player, but he's not dominate. Because he's still shooting the same wild jump shot, and in large portions of game's he is detrimental to the team's cause. Case in point:

Game 2 versus Boston, Aaron McKie leads the entire team back to actually take the lead. What happens? McKie's benched, Iverson back in, he guns up a few shots.. we lose with the Celtics going down.

I'm almost fed up with the guy, he can put up 31 points, but if he's jacking up 34 shots, that's not cutting it. I'd rather have a guy shoot fewer times, and try to get the best shot, then fire from everywhere.

But even with that, I think we'll still be in the bottom half of the playoffs. And don't worry Odom, this isn't a black cloud over the team..

We've had to deal with the whole time, this is what it's like following a franchise that's star is Allen Iverson.

Is that good enough, for you?

-Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts