Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it. It has been in the papers that Danny wasn't the one who orginally wanted Antoine back on this team. For arguments sake say Danny and Doc caved under pressure from the owners to get more people in the seats (tickets sales are up almost 3000 a game since Walker came back)
so they were forced to bring him back.

Now it has been noted by several of you that Walker took too many three's the last game. For argument sake lets say Doc's strange way of running things lately has been on purpose. Maybe Ainge told him to let Antoine shoot his way out of the fans hearts. If he comes back and the Celtics fail miserably then fans will not harp on the fact he traded Antoine for basically nothing. Danny insisted it was Jiri he wanted in the trade even more then Raef before)

It all fits. It has also been noted by Danny Ainge that he didn't realize how much Walker took the blame for everything when he was here last time.
The fast start through him for a loop.

It's only a conspiracy theory but it sure would bring the light into the crazyness that has been going on here lately. We all know Danny Ainge is a liar and a master minipulater (ask Eric Williams and how many times was he quoted in the paper saying that he had never talked to the Hawks about trading back for Antoine when we all know the discussions have been going on and off for months)

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I wouldn't say that. I mean, Ainge is a "story-twister" but I don't think he'd do that. Would he?

Here's what I do believe in. When Antonie left the first time, everyone hated the guys' guts. In his first visit to Boston, though, he got a standing ovation.

It is also reported that the owner did not want Antoine gone the first time, and I completely believe that they have learned a big lesson money wise.

Most people, in Boston and everywhere else, may absolutely hate Antoine's style of play, but one thing is sure, no other player will get as much of this Celtic team as Antoine will. This guy defines what it means to be a Celtic, and it looks like the fans see and appreciate that. The owners may do so too.

Danny did everything he could to make this city forget about Toine, lie about his knee problems, how he wanted this and that, how he had this and that on the franchise, but the fans still stood behind Antoine on this one. I believe that they'll do the same again.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aquaitious said:
I wouldn't say that. I mean, Ainge is a "story-twister" but I don't think he'd do that. Would he?

Here's what I do believe in. When Antonie left the first time, everyone hated the guys' guts. In his first visit to Boston, though, he got a standing ovation.

It is also reported that the owner did not want Antoine gone the first time, and I completely believe that they have learned a big lesson money wise.

Most people, in Boston and everywhere else, may absolutely hate Antoine's style of play, but one thing is sure, no other player will get as much of this Celtic team as Antoine will. This guy defines what it means to be a Celtic, and it looks like the fans see and appreciate that. The owners may do so too.

Danny did everything he could to make this city forget about Toine, lie about his knee problems, how he wanted this and that, how he had this and that on the franchise, but the fans still stood behind Antoine on this one. I believe that they'll do the same again.
First you say Ainge is a story twister then you say he lied. In my book that makes him a proven liar.

If he did it the first time what makes you think he wouldn't do it a second time? IMO that is exactly what is going on. Doc's substitution problems are legandary in the basketball world. Doc benched Pierce in the past when he wasn't doing what he was told to do. Why wouldn't Doc take Antoine out of the game if not for him trying to have him mess up, Either that or Antoine was doing on the court what Doc told him to do.

·
Registered
610 Posts
aquaitious said:
This guy defines what it means to be a Celtic, and it looks like the fans see and appreciate that. The owners may do so too.

I've hated Toine's style of play as of late.
But that point you made there.. Is why I think he is VERY valuable to have around these young guys. Only Toine was here when some of the Greats of the 80's and early 90's were around. He knows what it's all about. The main reason I'm glad to have #8 back in Green and White.

PdP

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Steals4 said:
Think about it. It has been in the papers that Danny wasn't the one who orginally wanted Antoine back on this team. For arguments sake say Danny and Doc caved under pressure from the owners to get more people in the seats (tickets sales are up almost 3000 a game since Walker came back)

Now it has been noted by several of you that Walker took too many three's the last game. For argument sake lets say Doc's strange way of running things lately has been on purpose. Maybe Ainge told him to let Antoine shoot his way out of the fans hearts. If he comes back and the Celtics fail miserably then fans will not harp on the fact he traded Antoine for basically nothing. Danny insisted it was Jiri he wanted in the trade even more then Raef before)

It all fits. It has also been noted by Danny Ainge that he didn't realize how much Walker took the blame for everything when he was here last time.

It's only a conspiracy theory but it sure would bring the light into the crazyness that has been going on here lately. We all know Danny Ainge is a liar and a master minipulater (ask Eric Williams and how many times was he quoted in the paper saying that he had never talked to the Hawks about trading back for Antoine when we all know the discussions have been going on and off for months)

:spam:
everythings a conspiracy, danny's a liar, wa wa wa, we are winning, but yet some people always find something to complain about. sad,

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
lets put it this way...if the celts dont re-sign toine' and trade pierce (which is what they'd probably do if they didnt resign #8)...the celts owners and ainge can be ready to lose alot of fans and fan support...the reason why you run a team is to get them contending....there is no point in breaking up a contending team in order to re-build them...if this team is split up it would cost the c's organization much more money than if they would just give antoine his 9 or 10 mill a yr and also keep pierce...imo...i believe they r a top 3 or 4 team in the east right now and can be for a few years to come considering most of their team is very young...ainge would get run out of boston if he screwed that up

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richie Rich said:
everythings a conspiracy, danny's a liar, wa wa wa, we are winning, but yet some people always find something to complain about. sad,
Danny is a liar. You cannot change that, it is a fact.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Steals4 said:

I have been watching very closely since Antoine came back to town and I don't find your theory far-fetched at all. In my opinion it has some merit. I haven't trusted the organization since Danny has been in charge because he doesn't ever tell the truth.

I hope you are wrong. Danny's contract is up at the end of next season. He has been offered an extention twice (though not recently) and has turned down both of them. If he does end up coaching in Minnesota after next season it would not surprise me.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
**** DANNY...ive never liked tha man he dont kno what 2 do wita franchize...big mistake in hiring him...

Please don't use masked cursing, if you wish to use a swear word then spell it out in full and if it happens to get by the censor then so be it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
lets put it this way...if the celts dont re-sign toine' and trade pierce (which is what they'd probably do if they didnt resign #8)...the celts owners and ainge can be ready to lose alot of fans and fan support...the reason why you run a team is to get them contending....there is no point in breaking up a contending team in order to re-build them...if this team is split up it would cost the c's organization much more money than if they would just give antoine his 9 or 10 mill a yr and also keep pierce...imo...i believe they r a top 3 or 4 team in the east right now and can be for a few years to come considering most of their team is very young...ainge would get run out of boston if he screwed that up
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Would any of you guys even want to watch the Celtics if they didn't re-sign Walker and traded away Pierce? Personally, it'd be hard for me to have the same amount of interest. The Celtics organization will have to keep at least one of the two to guarantee bringing back some fans. I don't get the quick fix conspiracy with Walker. Why bring him back for this season only, just to can him next season? Didn't the 11-out-of-12 run they had at least peak Ainge or Doc's curiosity to possibly bring him back again? Surely they saw how effective he is when he limits his 3's and plays underneath/around the basket and surely they saw how effective our team chemistry is when Walker cooperates. I don't think he's stupid, they can get Antoine to play how they want him to play. I say definitely re-sign him if the price if reasonable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It really wouldn't bother me if Ainge didn't re-sign.
But I think what he has done here has only helped the C's.
I agree 100% with what has been said. IF he trades Pierce and doesn't Re-sign Walker. It's gonna be hell.

PdP

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
PhearDaPierce said:
It really wouldn't bother me if Ainge didn't re-sign.
But I think what he has done here has only helped the C's.
I agree 100% with what has been said. IF he trades Pierce and doesn't Re-sign Walker. It's gonna be hell.

PdP
What if they resigned Walker and traded Paul?

Would it bother you then?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'll answer that.

If they kept Antoine, but got rid of Pierce, it all depends on who they get in return. Sentimentally, I would feel bad because Pierce is probably my favorite NBA player, he's in the top 3. Maybe the Celtics management think Antoine can be a good player without Pierce, but Pierce can't be a good player with Antoine, who apparently does play better when Antoine is lighting a fire underneath him. They have a great youth of talent so they could probably go either way, but if both walk, forget about putting butts into seats.

·
Banned
41 Posts
ZWW said:
I think you hit the nail on the head.

The Celtics organization will have to keep at least one of the two to guarantee bringing back some fans. .
When they traded Antoine in 2003 they waited to the last minute so people would buy tickets. Danny would do that again in a heart beat. I don't believe you can cancel yout season tickets after you anti up again. I will have to ask.

I am keeping my season tickets until they trade Walker again. If Danny can't learn his lesson I am not giving him a second chance. He had his chance. Now if he offer's Walker a deal that is fair and Walker turns it down then at least Danny tried (and by fair I mean at least as much as Raef makes because Walker deserves that) but if he offer's him a Mark Blount type deal and Antoine turns it down I won't be back.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years. My father had them before me but there comes a time where if Danny doesn't care to improve this team then I can find a better place to spend my hard earned money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tas said:
When they traded Antoine in 2003 they waited to the last minute so people would buy tickets. Danny would do that again in a heart beat. I don't believe you can cancel yout season tickets after you anti up again. I will have to ask.

I am keeping my season tickets until they trade Walker again.

Now there's a true fan... From the 70s, or off-and-on from the seventies? :raised_ey

? ? ? :clown:

·
Banned
41 Posts
Auerbach said:
Now there's a true fan... From the 70s, or off-and-on from the seventies? :raised_ey

? ? ? :clown:

I have been a paying fan since the 70's. (between my father and myself) but I have not always attended games and if Danny Ainge continue's to ruin this team there comes a time where I as a paying fan will not take it anymore.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
"Now if he offer's Walker a deal that is fair and Walker turns it down then at least Danny tried (and by fair I mean at least as much as Raef makes because Walker deserves that) but if he offer's him a Mark Blount type deal and Antoine turns it down I won't be back."

sorry i dont know how to quote ppl like u guys do on the board all highlighted in white and stuff..lol im somewhat new...**** i figured it out lol u click quote...o well im leaving it like this for now

giving antoine a "raef type" deal is impossible...im not sure of the exact numbers but i believe raef makes like 13 or so million a year...granted he is wayyyyyyyyy overpaid and walker is definetly more valuable, walker will not get 13 mill a yr here or anywhere else...he will be offered prob 8 mill a yr from the celts...and he should take it...at least i hope he does...the only other options would be to go back and play for the hawks or the bobcats for a lil more money...toine is a true competitor and even though he wont take a "home team discount" he should still be in green fo ra few years to come

Good post but no masking please

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
This is ridiculous

I don't know why the thug twins are popping off, but you guys need to learn how to spell, then start criticizing people.

Tell me some GMs who have drafted better than Danny Ainge with the picks he has had the last two years.

The trades he has made (who would you rather have, Ricky Davis or Eric Williams) have upgraded the roster tremendously, including re-acquiring Antoine.

As I see it, the ball is in Antoine's court: play the style the team is built to play...rebound, run and play the post, and you are welcome back, at $8 million per. Or go play somewhere else.

Antoine is a free agent at the end of the season, so we cannot trade him, as some of you say.

The sad thing here is that the team is 11-4 since the deal Danny Ainge made, and you guys are focusing on July instead of March. Pathetic.

You call yourselves Celtics fans?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts