Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well dsb, the sacramento - la series was a very poorly officiated contest. there were numerous terrible calls but the two that truly stick out were a couple of "jordan calls" that i remember kobe got. one was a situation where doug christie was at the top of the three point line and he was defending kobe. christie had position, bryant swings out an elbow and smashes christie in the face and knocked him on the ground. 99% of all other players would have been called for an offensive foul (except perhaps shaq) but no, it was christie's fault. well at least thats the way the ref saw it. then there was a play where kobe was doing some pretty between the legs dribbling and drove to the basket. bibby was playing him this time, bibby didn't even touch him but because kobe did such a pretty move, he gets a foul on bibby and completes a three point play. i saw it many times in replay, and bibby never even nudged him. phil jackson the zen master-- whatever!!, that bum was always crying to the media back in the jordan days in chicago about how his team was always getting beaten up by all these thugish teams who resorted to cheapshots and dirty tactics and rigged officiating. i will never forgive him when he compared the ind- chi series in 98 when he said it was like munich '72' revisited. claiming the pacers were getting away with completely underserved calls and the refs were cheating just to make the series interesting. i have seen the replays of the munich '72' match where the u.s. played russia and russia got 4 or 5 opportunities to get a final play and after they finally made the shot, were awarded the gold. that was truly the biggest screw job in olympic basketball history. he is the sorest loser i have ever seen. i honestly don't think he believes he has ever been beaten fair and square in his life. but back to l.a. - sac. i must also add that in the last 5 min. of game 7 that christie and peja both choked big time. i saw both those guys out there and when they took their shots, they looked scared and threw up some very ugly shots. they were not up to the pressure. some guys aren't and they definitely weren't. but all things considered, i do believe that the league and especialy t.v. want to see an l.a. n.y. series every year if possible. n.y. won't be goin anytime soon but at least l.a. is represented.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The refs screwed the Pacers in 98. They had Chicago beat. They were up double digits in the fourth quarter of game 7. Stern wasn't about to let one of the bottom 12 markets go the Finals to face the third smallest market. Do you know how much money David Stern would lose? Anyway, he must have pressed a panic button or something, because Hugh Hollins and Dicky Bavetta started throwing out ****ty calls left and right. I'm still bitter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
christie had position, bryant swings out an elbow and smashes christie in the face and knocked him on the ground.
What're you talkin' about? Christie's face shouldn't have gotten in the way of Kobe's elbow! What a cheap way to throw someone's game off, shame on you Doug Christie!

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Notice how no one talks about Game 5.

The end of that game was the most poorly officiated game in the history of the NBA.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by SS_Solid_Snake

What're you talkin' about? Christie's face shouldn't have gotten in the way of Kobe's elbow! What a cheap way to throw someone's game off, shame on you Doug Christie!
Yeah, shame on you, Christie! Getting your face in the way of Kobe's elbow like that! Come on, you messed up Kobe's game! :rolleyes:

Anyways, no offense but there are plenty of other threads to continue this discussion I bet. Please just close this now before it starts another pissing match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts