Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a professionals reason, or your opinion on why Lenny Cooke and DeAngelo Collins did not get drafted?

Any ideas?:confused::confused:

:sigh:

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by OZZY
Can someone give me a professionals reason, or your opinion on why Lenny Cooke and DeAngelo Collins did not get drafted?

Any ideas?:confused::confused:

:sigh:
Lenny Cooke: not talented enough YET

DeAngelo Collins: Character Issues

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
yeah

u gotta think that maybe intelligence level could have come into play with cooke. And after sitting out a year, he could play.

And for Collins it was jsut a bad decision to skip college, he ain't that good yet.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, good ideas.

You guys say they should have went to college then. But I look at it a different way. Neither of them are very smart students, it doesn't matter why be it they are just not smart or don't try. But I think they probably have families they have to take care of etc. I think they were looking at it for the money. I don't know if this would work out but they could get into the USBL NBDL and play. They could sit down there for 2-3 years get better at basketball and get paid some $$$$. But if they went to JUCO because I don't think they could go to college, they would sit there doing the same thing refining there skills but they couldn't make any $$$.

That is what I think, Cooke I can see because of his mental problems. But Collins is fine, he does have a attitude but can you honestly tell me the players in the late second round are going to be better than either of them in the end????

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Collins just signed with Toronto. The thread is in the Raptor forum. As far as Cooke who know's what happen to him. I thought he was going early 2nd round.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
Collins just signed with Toronto. The thread is in the Raptor forum. As far as Cooke who know's what happen to him. I thought he was going early 2nd round.
cooke will end up somewhere at least for a summer league team...that is the reason why the raps signed collins, they are gonna put him in a league maybe overseas, or they are just gonna see how he does in the summer league, if he shows promise they will use him in 2-3 years.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE

That is gonna pay dividends in about 3 years

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I'm not so sure about Collins. At least in Canada he will be away from his friends and the bad temptations.... Hopefully he will succeed, but I just have a bad feeling about him.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by KC
I'm not so sure about Collins. At least in Canada he will be away from his friends and the bad temptations.... Hopefully he will succeed, but I just have a bad feeling about him.
He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he has some serious skills. Ball IQ like I said is not the greatest, but I have had the pleasure in watching him play in person and yes he is very talented

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yes, there is no doubt he has talent, but that doesn't always translate into the NBA. We will see if he can get his head screwed on right, but until then I wouldn't get too excited.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts