Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arenas809 said:
Let's trade him as soon as possible, oh ya and let's give Simmons the same contract we gave Mags.

:no:

Well, I am for giving Simmons whatever other teams offer him. Some are estimating it could end up being close to what Corey got. Considering his consistantcey, and record this season he might be worth it.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
2 games a year does not mean clutch. Magette is a good player, but you cannot count on him game in and game out to be clutch. Thats one of the flaws (few) of his game.

I really dont think the clippers can afford simmons this off season. Unless he takes a lot less than what he will be offered from other teams. I would not give him the contract magette got, first of all because that would impede possibilities of getting a superstar or near superstar, plus, I do not think he is the same player magette is yet. One of the only situations where i would give him that kind of money is if we traded magette for some reason, such as in a sign and trade deal, etc.

After the miami game we all were hoping magette could finally be that guy we can rely on at the end of games, but he put together about 5-9 games since then in the past few months where he would be his bumbling, bad shot taking, not looking for a hoop self until tonights good clutch shooting. If he could become that player down the stretch the clippers wouldnt need an allen, redd, etc. He WOULD be that player. But i dont see it happening unless he makes bobby simmons like changes in his game over the off season specifically: 1. Ball Handling, 2. Actually attacking the basket with making a shot in mind, not just drawing the foul, 3. Make better decisions consistently on his outside game, especially down the stretch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts