Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys think they are good players and valuable assets to our ball club, but their contracts could kill us this coming offseason in the hunt to re-sign Okur. The Celtics want a PF and PG, preferably pretty young (low 30's) and that can be with the club for a couple of more years. The Celtics GM said Chris Mills could be trade bait -- a $6.6 million expiring contract.

Could we work a deal with the Celtics?

Also, under what circumstances would you take Juwan Howard? (6 years, $36 million signed this offseason). I would rather have him than Corliss, but I'd only trade for him if we'd get Drew Gooden as well, and don't trade any expiring contracts. This would neither help nor hurt us in trying to re-sign Okur.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Keep both, give up a first with Elden to the Bobcats.

Corliss and Chucky are our best bench players.

As far as Howard goes, no thanks. I've always been a big proponent of staying clear of career losers. This is the exact reason I don't want to see us trade for SAR.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!
As far as Howard goes, no thanks. I've always been a big proponent of staying clear of career losers. This is the exact reason I don't want to see us trade for SAR.

i agree with this statement, but if u guys wanted to dump salary that bad, without a trade u cud just leave williamson unprotected next year in the exansion draft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts