Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hartford blew an 18pt second half lead and hung on for a two point win. In the post game interview, Harrison said "thank God time ran out..."

Cornell was beating Hartford for easy layups in the first half so Hartford went to a zone in the second half only to have Cornell absolutely shoot the lights out from beyond the arc.

Adeleke finished with 20 pts and 14 rebounds and had an impressive block in the closing seconds that would have tied the game for Cornell. Cornell picked up the loose ball and missed a three as the clock ran out. Aaron Cook had 16 and Bo Taylor added 11. Cornell was led by a very impressive freshman, Adam Gore who scored 17. Hartford shot 56% for the game. This win makes the loss to Brown hurt even more as Brown isn't nearly as good as Cornell.

During the game, it was announced that the Lady Hawks won at UMass by 16 - 68-52. The women were led by Freshman Erica Beverly with 17 pts and 14 rebounds - her second double double of the season.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was just reading the box score - Rich Baker and Chris Cole split time at the point with Baker playing 24 minutes and Cole playing 17. Baker finished the game with 8 assists and 1 turnover while freshman Cole finished with 5 assists and 0 turnovers. Combined, that's 13 assists and 1 turnover... an excellent game from the point today.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
South End said:
I was just reading the box score - Rich Baker and Chris Cole split time at the point with Baker playing 24 minutes and Cole playing 17. Baker finished the game with 8 assists and 1 turnover while freshman Cole finished with 5 assists and 0 turnovers. Combined, that's 13 assists and 1 turnover... an excellent game from the point today.

I figured they both played well today by watching the game today, but those PG stats are fantastic...the two of them and Adeleke are the reasons we won today. I am very impressed with Cole. I also thought Tafo was very active today though he had no stats as well as Carter. Significantly better effort today than against Brown. Unfortunately they squandered a big lead but honestly I have no idea how Cornell was hitting all those bombs...they deserve a lot of credit for that comeback. Adeleke was great today...clutch rebounds,great inside moves...still fumbles the ball too much but I'll take that production from a center any day of the week. They are so much deeper this year that it is so much more fun to watch (albeit the Brown game..who is a much worse team than Cornell...was awful). Fun game although my daughter needed to use the potty with 1:00 left....oh well.

On the women's side, for a team that was picked to be 1st in the conference they are getting a huge amount of production from their freshman. Beverly is clearly one of the best in a very impressive rookie AE crop. 17/14 for a frosh is excellent. I talked with one of the staff and they said their recruiting objective is to recruit over their graduating seniors. It used to be that they recruited an AE type of player that will be a good AE player come junior or senior year. They said that will not be good enough anymore in a very improved AE women's league.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts