Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetical situation.

Now, Sonics signed Michael Fizer after the waived by date of course. Now the thing is, he was never waived, his contract just ran out, so would he be eligible?

· Registered
580 Posts
Re: Could Marcus Fizer be on our playoff roster?

Sloth this is a good question.A greater one than that has come.Can the whole Bulls team be on the playoff roster?

To answer your question I'd say he would be better then nothing but only better then nothing.I don't think the Bulls want to see the guy again IMO.Like I said before he should stay in the NBDL,Why? Well he's a last resort kind of bench player in the NBA. In the NBDL he's the best bench player on the team!!!!And I think the NBDL team he played for would be lost without thier 6th man don't you? :biggrin:

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

7RINGS? said:
Sloth this is a good question.A greater one than that has come.Can the whole Bulls team be on the playoff roster?

To answer your question I'd say he would be better then nothing but only better then nothing.I don't think the Bulls want to see the guy again IMO.Like I said before he should stay in the NBDL,Why? Well he's a last resort kind of bench player in the NBA. In the NBDL he's the best bench player on the team!!!!And I think the NBDL team he played for would be lost without thier 6th man don't you? :biggrin:
Just have to put this out there, I find it hard to believe that Fizer is the NBDL's best bench player, when he's started 33 out of 33 games for his NBDL team. Also, he exploded for 44 points last night!

· Turned Thabo Fanatic
751 Posts

sloth said:
Just have to put this out there, I find it hard to believe that Fizer is the NBDL's best bench player, when he's started 33 out of 33 games for his NBDL team. Also, he exploded for 44 points last night!
Good point. I think we could even argue that Fizer is probably the NBDL MVP.

In February with Marcus Fizer the Toros went 8-2. In the March games while Fizer was a Sonic benchwarmer, the Toros went a whopping 0-6 and nearly feel out of the playoffs. From a stats perspective, it appears that Marcus strapped the team on his back last night and lead them to a much needed victory.

· Banned
1,470 Posts

Will he be on our Finals roster is the REAL question. (Spits beverage out in laughter)

· Registered
580 Posts

I know he's good in the NBDL Sloth,If he wasn't why would they call him up?I'm just kidding around with the guy.Sometimes when a player hits rock bottom,thats the best time to take a shot. :biggrin:

· Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,077 Posts

Wait, so does anyone know the answer?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that there's a deadline for when you can pick up playoff-bound players, but maybe that's only a waive date. I could have sworn I read that, though.

So I think the answer is actually yes, anyone that was on waivers or a free agent as of March 1, can be on a playoff team. We picked up Lawrence Funderburke in late April last year, and he only played two regular season games with us before going to the playoffs.

In other news, the Sixers just picked up Willie Green, who had a terribly timed accident in a pickup game just before he signed his 4-year contract with the Sixers, and was therefore just a free agent rehabbing until now. That really sucks, but I'm glad the Sixers are taking him back in and giving him a chance to earn that contract back.

It actually means bad news for us, because Willie Green is quite the offensive spark for Philly, giving them a chance to rest AI and not have him play 41 mpg.

· Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,077 Posts

dkg1 said:
I think Tom B. was just kidding Showtyme.
Oh, I thought it was just a joke about his question mark tattoo.

It would be cool if whatever team signs Fizer send in an injury report to ESPN every day: "Fizer questionable for tomorrow night's game."

· Banned
1,470 Posts

Showtyme said:
Oh, I thought it was just a joke about his question mark tattoo.

It would be cool if whatever team signs Fizer send in an injury report to ESPN every day: "Fizer questionable for tomorrow night's game."
I remember when Curry was supposed to come to camp in 03-04 at 285 and instead showed up at 310 and Fizer shows up at 285, Curry's normal playing weight. Which was fine, except that Fizer is like 6'5" LOL. The first player I ever joked got a DNP -- Too Fat. That was a funny joke with my friends who are Bulls fans. Michael Sweetney getting about 25 DNP - too fat(s) this year was not funny -_-

· Registered
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know we've rung this bell before.

But why don't we sign Marcus Fizer. He has really exploded in the D-League since leaving the Sonics, and he gives us the low post presence we need, and he is playoff eligible as well.

· Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Re: I know we've rung this bell before.

sloth said:
But why don't we sign Marcus Fizer. He has really exploded in the D-League since leaving the Sonics, and he gives us the low post presence we need, and he is playoff eligible as well.

Merge!

It's been rung before and you're the one that rung it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.