·
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realignment May Be Coming To Major League Baseball
And Here's How It Could Look

Bill Madden
NY Daily News
Saturday, February 26th 2011

Click Here For Proposed Alignment Chart: http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/02/27/cte_madden_chart.jpg

JUPITER, Fla. - In a few weeks, baseball's labor poobahs will sit down together and begin talks on a new collective bargaining agreement. The principal issues - revenue sharing, cost containment in the draft - are a prelude to bigger ones down the road, specifically: Schedule inequities, the seemingly hopeless stadium situations in Tampa Bay and Oakland, the fate of the designated hitter and Bud Selig's longtime musing, geographic re-alignment.

While none of those latter issues is on the labor agenda, people all over baseball are talking about them. Orioles manager Buck Showalter says he stays up nights configuring Realignment scenarios that would solve a lot of baseball's problems.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2011/02/26/2011-02-26_realignment_may_be_coming_to_major_league_baseball_and_heres_how_it_could_look.html

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Great article. In particular, I love this quote from Showalter: "Either everybody has it, or nobody has it. It's really dumb, the leagues today playing with two sets of rules."

As you may have guessed, this is in reference to the DH.. but it clearly suits an allusion the (lack of a) cap as well.

I'm a dreamer.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Great article. In particular, I love this quote from Showalter: "Either everybody has it, or nobody has it. It's really dumb, the leagues today playing with two sets of rules."

As you may have guessed, this is in reference to the DH.. but it clearly suits an allusion the (lack of a) cap as well.

I'm a dreamer.
DH for everybody!

This move would move the Mariners out of Boston and NY's division. Not a bad deal, but I don't like Oakland and Tampa losing their teams.

·
Restore the Roar
7,391 Posts
Ridiculous proposal. Under a straight up everyone plays everyone same # of games - geographic alignment is totally pointless.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
There's something about not knowing who's AL and who's NL, that kind of puts me off. You can't say that the MLB has the most convoluted divisions. Why the **** are the Mariners in the same div as NY and Boston? The closest teams we're to is Coloardo and San Fran.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts