Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway possible that the Lakers could trade or sign Dwight Howard? What's his contract look like?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Why can't the Lakers ever develop their own talent, instead of buying them off everyone else that worked hard to develop these players?

As storied as the history of the Lakers are, and as many stars it took to get that history, there are only a handful of star players that got you guys championships that were drafted by you. (West [Minneapolis Lakers], Worthy, Magic)

There are none in recent history I can think of. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Yeah..A Knicks Fan
834 Posts
Though Kobe wasn't drafted by the Lakers, he was certainly developed by the Lakers and their coaches.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
compsciguy78 said:
Is there anyway possible that the Lakers could trade or sign Dwight Howard? What's his contract look like?
No. :laugh:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Sure. We give them Kobe and/or the Laker girls.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
why would the lakers want dwight howard? they've got mihm, bynum, brown and the rest of Brian Grant's contract. that lineup will dominate for years!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wilmatic2 said:
I would love to see Dwight Howard play for the Lakers. Magic ain't gonna give him up though.
I think every NBA fan would love for Howard to play for their favorite team. No way in hell the Lakers could get Howard from them.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
compsciguy78 said:

No. Then, no. After that, no. Hence, no. And finally, no. Wait, let me think about it ... no.

And if/when Dwight becomes a free agent if he decides to sign with the Lakers, I think the entire Orlando organization would spontaneously combust.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
JNice said:
No. Then, no. After that, no. Hence, no. And finally, no. Wait, let me think about it ... no.

And if/when Dwight becomes a free agent if he decides to sign with the Lakers, I think the entire Orlando organization would spontaneously combust.
If that happens again, I singlehandedly hold Dwight Howard hostage and/or blow up the Lakers organization somehow.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah definitely, but you'll have to include every single of the laker girls, maybe plus options on future recruitment drives. Add in Bynum the future big man and you've a deal.

·
Registered
700 Posts
leidout said:
Sure, trade Kobe for Howard and Francis.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Wait... (Breathes in)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Anyway... How about you people get your own franchise players instead of leeching off of us yet again? We still haven't recieved as much as a friggin' thank you letter for three championships. :curse:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Dwight Howard is a career Orlando guy, like Timmy in San Antonio and KG in Minny and Hakeem in Houston. Not going anywhere, not now, not ever. He's from Atlanta, just up the road, and very humble, I don't think he's exactly craving the New York or Los Angeles life.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The Lakers should go for Chris Bosh. The guy is in a very losing situation in Toronto, and it doesn't appear that it'll get any better anytime soon.

Chris Bosh yesterday again deflected any contract talk, saying he wants to see how things go this season before he figures out if Toronto is the place for him in the long term.

"If we play well and win, things will be taken care of," he said.
If I were smart, I'd do it. :wink:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Flanders said:
The Lakers should go for Chris Bosh. The guy is in a very losing situation in Toronto, and it doesn't appear that it'll get any better anytime soon.
What as a trade? Or waiting until his contract runs out? Why would he want to be on the Lakers anyways?

He could just sign with the Nets and make them a title contender or the Clippers if he wanted to actually get to shoot the basketball in L.A.

Kobe makes the Lakers an undesirable place to be. Who wants to play with someone jacking up 35 shots a game with the full consent of his coach?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts