Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A KIDD IN ORLANDO?

I was wondering a couple things. One what are the odds of Kidd coming to Orlando in 2003? Peter May of ESPN.com thinks the odds are pretty good. If they are good, why dont Magic fans talk more about him than Duncan. If we get a decent big man in the draft like Boozer, then I personally would much rather want a team leader in Kidd than Tim Duncan. Even though the Nets lost miserably against Shaq and Co. Kidd was great but the problem was, he was the "only" great one. If we shoot for Kidd, who could ask for less money than Duncan which would be good for the salary cap, than our lineup would be great!

Lineup:

Jason Kidd
Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Armstrong/Hudson
Boozer/Hunter

We could have a great chance to win it all in 2003-04! I look forward to your positive and negative feedback on Kidd over Duncan in 2003.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clarification!

This is clarification for anyone that wanted to know. This is what Peter May of ESPN wrote:

Can you imagine a Magic team with three bonafide superstars, even if they again fail to woo the Spurs' Tim Duncan? Peter May can, and briefly raises the possibility in his column about Jason Kidd's future. May writes: "There undoubtedly will be interest from San Antonio, which could put together an attractive package that would include a very nice enticement -- Tim Duncan. That's assuming Duncan hasn't already decided to re-visit the Orlando situation in earnest. Or, the Magic, losing out on Duncan, could make a pitch for Kidd to join Tracy McGrady and (we presume) Grant Hill in golf-friendly, state tax-free Florida."

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jason who? I don't want him. He should stay at the New Jersey Nets, if we don't get a Tim Duncan then we have Jermaine O'Neal & Antonio McDyess just waiting for us to sign them. :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The whole world saw how Jason Kidd lead his nets to the finals with both his offense and defense. He is a great leader who is quick and agile. Tim Duncan and all the other big man are long shots in the 2003 Free Agent Pool.

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK let's look at it this way, if we get Jason Kidd we'll be a run and gun team with Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill which is totally not neccessary if you ask me and would look ridiculous. I think with a big man we'd still have T-Mac as somewhat of a playmaker and we'd dominate the way Basketball should be played.

Kidd is MVP caliber player; I am not trying to down him but I just don't see him working out in Orlando.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts