Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Payton to the Lakers, the other board is running with this one.

As reported by Horry4thewinyesss:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch is said to be in seattle workin on a deal that will bring gary payton to the lakers...its said the deal would be george along with either fox or fisher, the lakers#1 next year and a cap filler to make the numbers work. GP has a clause in his contract that allows him to void any trade, and he has said the only trade he will accept is to the lakers. Stay tuned
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow even if this doesn't happen it will still piss the Haters off & that's entertanment in itself but if it is true buy Kleenex Tissue stock in the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according to the rumor

Gary can veto any trade, he has made himself perfectly clear that only a trade to Los Angeles Lakers would be acceptable.

This being the fact Seattle can only deal with the Lakers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is just what I have read.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Can you post a link to this rumor? Or anything credible that would lead any of us to believe that it may be somewhat true?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
This rumor is not even near credible.

No team that comes off a championship would think of getting rid of the nucleus that surrounds the team.

George
Fox
Fisher

Seattle would be crazy to think about this deal. Unless they think George will be the replacement if Lewis leaves.

The Lakers are fine with Rush and Murray as new additions. They now have a future star IMO in Rush, and Murray who is much more consistent of hitting 3's through out his NBA career. They have enough depth maybe another backup pg would be good but that's it.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Why would the Sonics do this? C'mon people, think.....
KC and I rarely agree, but come on, he's definitely right here. Who would the Lakers trade to get Gary Payton. They might be able to get a draft pick for role players, but you won't get a quality All-Star like Gary Payton for role players.:no:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
This is about as probable as the Lakers trading anyone other than Shaq or Kobe to get Woods :laugh: err..... wait.....

Regardless, this won't happen. Bringing in Payton would drastically alter the chemistry and possible ruin a championship team. Even if they traded a second round pick for him. Remember the Lakers had 4 all-stars in 98 and only won 7 playoff games.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by Jemel Irief
This is about as probable as the Lakers trading anyone other than Shaq or Kobe to get Woods :laugh: err..... wait.....

Regardless, this won't happen. Bringing in Payton would drastically alter the chemistry and possible ruin a championship team. Even if they traded a second round pick for him. Remember the Lakers had 4 all-stars in 98 and only won 7 playoff games.
I agree with Jemel-it would wreck the team chemistry.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I just want you to provide a link, so I can see if this rumor might be true.:yes:

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Re: what

Originally posted by princetolakers
that would be great
pg payton
sg rush
sf bryant
pf free agent
c o'neal

but most likly it will not hapen but either way i would like to see that happen
Do you really think Rush will start? I really do not think so.
PG-Fisher
SG-Kobe
SF-Fox
PF-Horry
C-Shaq

That would be as of now I think. SF and PF I may be off, but I do not think Rush will start. Please do not rush putting Rush in the starting lineup. ewww that was a bad joke, wasn't it?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Ya got that right.:yes: It was pretty awful. Yep, downright awful.:yes:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Well it looks like Payton was available for a lot less, the Lakers just had to wait a year.

And man does a disasterous season change my opinion or what? Now I'm estatic with Gary.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why a deal involving the Sonics and the Lakers has anything to do with Gary Payton when he ended last season with the Milwaukee Bucks? Am I missing something here?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!
Can someone please explain to me why a deal involving the Sonics and the Lakers has anything to do with Gary Payton when he ended last season with the Milwaukee Bucks? Am I missing something here?
This is an old old post that Jemel is reliving in excitement, hey if it happened to the Nets, I would be excited as well.

-Petey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts