Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Glen Robinson was out of league, then I thought about how much of a help he would be for us this season. He isn't any worse of a defender than Murray is already and is a way better offensive player, we could have used him in situations against teams like Miami, Milwaukee, Phoenix when the team was struggling to find a shot.

What do you think?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
eddymac said:
I noticed that Glen Robinson was out of league, then I thought about how much of a help he would be for us this season. He isn't any worse of a defender than Murray is already and is a way better offensive player, we could have used him in situations against teams like Miami, Milwaukee, Phoenix when the team was struggling to find a shot.

What do you think?
Maybe, but he's not what this team needs. Another no defense plodder.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I thought Murray signed for the league min?

-Petey

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
eddymac said:

What do you think?
Just about anything the Nets could have done this offseason is better than what they did.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Lamond Murray a world class defender? is he a solid defender, is a passable defender? If you answer no to all the questions then you are correct. Now is Glen Robinson a world class defender, or a solid defender, or a passable defender. No he is not, plus to top it off he is a BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER a guy that has a automatic mid range jump shot, and can make a three pointer something the Nets struggle with doing. Murray is a BUM that bring s nothing at all to the table except sit on the bench and get the ball bounced off his head. Robinson who is not a good defender can at least make up in one area, which is offense.

How can anyone say he is not what the Nets need. Hell I wish he was a Net right now.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
netsgiants said:
I'm tired of having hasbeens. I don't want Murray out of his prime, or cliffy. I want young talent with fresh legs and energy.

We have one on the bench that isn't getting any playing time Antoine Wright.

I wished we would have drafted Hakim Warrick instead.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
eddymac said:
We have one on the bench that isn't getting any playing time Antoine Wright.

I wished we would have drafted Hakim Warrick instead.
He would have sat on the bench as well. He's sitting on the bench in Memphis.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Re: Couldn't the Nets have used part of the MLE on Glen Robinson instead of Lamond Mu

Robinson was playing some nice D off the bench for the Spurs last year. He's far from an All-Defensive team candidate but given the right situation he's decent on the that end. The question would be would he be as willing to take a reduced role on a team like the Nets like he did for the Spurs. Probably not.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
eddymac said:

What do you think?
A career 20 point scorer who is out of the league and can't get back in...that should tell you all you need to know. He also has a bad back. None of the guys who are still unsigned: Robinson, Casey Jacobsen, Wes Person, etc. can play a lick of defense.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
netsgiants said:
I'm tired of having hasbeens. I don't want Murray out of his prime, or cliffy. I want young talent with fresh legs and energy.
completely agree. I thought that would be LJIII, who Stefanski raved about in training camp. Now, he can't find minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts