Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....agreed with:

1) Desmond Mason should've won last year. I felt his b/w legs was more powerful and much cleaner than J Rich's. Richardson's bounced around the rim and then went in, D Mase just got up there and threw it down. also Mason's other one was a clean 2 hand windmill, Richardson did a reverse two handed double pump and almost got hung. (watch the replay, plus he fell backwards a bit after it) Mason got robbed, though both were amazing

2) Stromile Swift is the best dunker in the L. yes I give him the edge over Vinsanity, though not by much. he's a big man with huge hops, unlike most big men, he's well Swift and very creative. he's my #1 pick.

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Vince Carter is definitely the most savage and most spectacular dunker I've seen since the young MJ and Dominique.

Swift is an animal of a dunker, he's a beast, but Carter makes you say "Whoa!" every time he dunks.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
As Nevus said, LeBron's windmill last night was quicker and stronger than Carter's.

MJ and Nique didnt really have dunks that would win today, but in the context of their time, they were way ahead. If they were in the league today, with more dunking creativity, they would be doing some scary things.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
As Nevus said, LeBron's windmill last night was quicker and stronger than Carter's.

MJ and Nique didnt really have dunks that would win today, but in the context of their time, they were way ahead. If they were in the league today, with more dunking creativity, they would be doing some scary things.

Thats the thing, back then new style of dunks are waiting to be discovered. Today you have to actually put more effort on style to impress....

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Mason knows how to make normal dunk look fantastic. His dunks may not be the most creative, in the sense that most of them have been done before, but he does them with a style most guys don't have.

Lebron is very underrated as a dunker. That windmill he threw down the other night was unconscious. He can easily get his head even with the rim. It's silly really.

Stromile Swift is the new Shawn Kemp.
Amare Stoudamire is his evil step cousin.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
A good argument can be made for Desmond Mason in last year's competition. I honestly have to say that he had one of the best under the leg dunks I've seen so far because he's the first that I can recall doing it moving sideways, towards the basket. That's another level of difficulty that non-dunkers wouldn't be familiar with.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts