Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With MJ the focal point this season, Courtney Alexander got very limited minutes, yet when inserted in Jordan's place he was quite good, even behind Hamilton in the rotation. For the season he shot it at 47% and if MJ decides not to grace us with his presence again, and Alexander gets the minutes, I think the Wizards might have a legit talent on their hands.

Looking at the Mavs, you can understand why they traded him, with Finley being the iron man that he is, but does anyone here know something that I don't about him?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe
With MJ the focal point this season, Courtney Alexander got very limited minutes, yet when inserted in Jordan's place he was quite good, even behind Hamilton in the rotation. For the season he shot it at 47% and if MJ decides not to grace us with his presence again, and Alexander gets the minutes, I think the Wizards might have a legit talent on their hands.

Looking at the Mavs, you can understand why they traded him, with Finley being the iron man that he is, but does anyone here know something that I don't about him?
I've seen him play and his defense is the best part of his game....which means the NBA fans should like what they see when they get to see this guy.

There are times when they could use Mike as the point forward and have Rip and Cortney in the line up at the same time. They should be able to find 25 minutes per game for this kid.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Courtney Alexander

Originally posted by TheRifleman

I've seen him play and his defense is the best part of his game....which means the NBA fans should like what they see when they get to see this guy.

There are times when they could use Mike as the point forward and have Rip and Cortney in the line up at the same time. They should be able to find 25 minutes per game for this kid.
Watching him play, he certainly deserves it and as I said, his play without MJ in the line up spoke volumes. Lets hope they re-jig the line up to free up some more time.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Courtney Alexander

Originally posted by Shaqs big toe

Watching him play, he certainly deserves it and as I said, his play without MJ in the line up spoke volumes. Lets hope they re-jig the line up to free up some more time.
Courtney is the man. I give him all the Respect in the world by saying last season he could take Michael. That shocked alot of people but I'm like the boy got confidence in his skills and just because Mike is one of the greatest ever doesnt mean you have to short change yourself cause of who he is

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Alexander

Courtney is a good player, that could develop into a great player. He needs to work on his long jumper, that's one of the weak parts of his game. Once he gets a nice jump shot going, he'll be a great player.:yes:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I agree.. Courtney can be a very good player

He's got a good jumpshot, he can drive to the rim and finish... he can basically score in a wide variety of ways.

However, he needs to bulk up and play better D... once he does, he could be an All-Star.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by pG_prIDe
I agree.. Courtney can be a very good player

He's got a good jumpshot, he can drive to the rim and finish... he can basically score in a wide variety of ways.

However, he needs to bulk up and play better D... once he does, he could be an All-Star.
When I've seen him play, his D has been decent

·
Registered
924 Posts
They have been talks that the Wizards are going to trade Alexander for 17th pick, so they could get Nachbar, Welsch, Dickau. Then there have been talks about both thier second round picks for the Pistons first rounder to draft so they can draft Clancy, Nenad Krstic, Gadzuric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts