Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Courtside, Mike Rice (merged)

760 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Utherhimo 
#1 ·
Courtside, Mike Rice

was saying that the blazer were looking at two brazillians, wonder who they can be? hhhmmmmmmm

#3 ·
Mike Rice has hinted that the new

coach could already been lined up. :basket: lol

#4 ·
Re: Mike Rice has hinted that the new

Any word on who?

#5 ·
Re: Courtside, Mike Rice

he didnt say who but you never know cus nash went out scouting

#6 ·

ah...

I'm hoping for either Adleman, Saunders, Jackson or Porter.

Of those 4, 2 of those are still coaching (Adleman and TP) and I could see Jackson going back to L.A. or chosing Cleveland.

If it's anyone this soon, I'll go with Flip.

#9 · (Edited)

Oldmangrouch said:
... I hope not. I watched Splitter on NBATV, today, for the third time and he looked terrible (considering where he's currently being projected; 5th or 6th). I'm not saying he won't/can't be a good NBA player, in time, but he sure looks pitiful, as of now. He can't shoot a lick and just looked plain-ol' bad, IMO -- though he does play behind Luis Scola, on his current team (Tau Ceramica, Spain), who is that team's star (along with Arvydas Macijauskas).

I wouldn't mind taking him with a LATE lottery pick, or mid-first rounder, but not with a pick inside the top-5... no way!

#10 ·
With Monia coming over and the possibility of doing a sign-and-trade deal with one of our expiring contracts for a solid shooting guard, I see it more and more unlikely that we will draft a shooting guard with our 1st pick...

#11 ·

CanJohno said:
... I hope not. I watched Splitter on NBATV, today, for the third time and he looked terrible (considering where he's currently being projected; 5th or 6th). I'm not saying he won't/can't be a good NBA player, in time, but he sure looks pitiful, as of now. He can't shoot a lick and just looked plain-ol' bad, IMO -- though he does play behind Luis Scola, on his current team (Tau Ceramica, Spain), who is that team's star (along with Arvydas Macijauskas).

I wouldn't mind taking him with a LATE lottery pick, or mid-first rounder, but not with a pick inside the top-5... no way!
Tough to say how close to NBA ready Splitter really is. Of course, some folks are swooning over the 2 big european kids, and they are even further away.

Some days I think the Blazers should invest money in more scouting in Europe. Other days, I think we might be better off going against the "flavor of the month" - ignore the high school and Euroleague teenagers and concentrate on college kids!

#12 ·

we do have good scouting in the EU

#15 ·

Utherhimo said:
he didnt say who but you never know cus nash went out scouting

Players or Coaching staff? :whoknows:

I would think that Portland management knows who they want, but the question is can they get him? To be completely honest I have a feeling that a coach in the East is going to get the axe after the season is over and is the most likely person to fill the job here in Portland......ala Terry Porter.

That is who I think is going to be our new coach.......we'll see what happens. :biggrin:

#16 ·

HOWIE said:
Players or Coaching staff? :whoknows:

I would think that Portland management knows who they want, but the question is can they get him? To be completely honest I have a feeling that a coach in the East is going to get the axe after the season is over and is the most likely person to fill the job here in Portland......ala Terry Porter.

That is who I think is going to be our new coach.......we'll see what happens. :biggrin:
didnt say on either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.