Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you are Natterson. Chicago is shopping Crawford. How about Qyntel and Mouse for Crawford and roll players?

Portland trades:
SF Qyntel Woods (4.2 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.7 minutes)
PG Damon Stoudamire (12.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.9 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Portland receives:
SG Jamal Crawford (16.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.2 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.4 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.1 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Portland gets new blood at the point.

Chicago gets an athletic SF to go with the twin toddlers and a starting/backup PG to help Heinrich (sp). Chicago also gets a little cap relief by losing the last year of E. Robinson's contract. Portland may have to throw in a draft pick to make this work.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I don't think Chicago is still shopping Crawford. He's slated to play two-guard for them, with Henrich at point. I think he's played pretty well since that move.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Hmm, that's interesting. I thought Bulls fans were saying Crawford was off the trade market.

Ah well. It would still be interesting to acquire him.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Ah well. It would still be interesting to acquire him.
No doubt. Get him, put him at PG, and let it ride. He's a bit of a shoot-first PG, and he's been up and down in his career, but he also hasn't just been given an extended opportunity to play the position he's most comfortable at, and he still has a chance to be a special player at the 1 spot.

Ed O.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I think you would have to offer Chicago a little more, but that not a bad offer. It rids them of ERob's contract, which is not really too bad.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Chicago is looking to deal Crawford but he must be packaged with Eddie Robinson and look to get a bonafide 3 or a good shooting 2 back in the process.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
I think you would have to offer Chicago a little more, but that not a bad offer. It rids them of ERob's contract, which is not really too bad.
Maybe Qyntel, Damon plus Memphis' pick? That would give them Qyntel and the pick to develop for the future.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Let's say for the sake of argument that Chicago wants to move Crawford. Let's say we have exactly what they want for him.

Would Nash want to even trade for him...at any price?

Crawford was a guy that Bob Whitsitt REALLY liked. I think we were really trying to find a way to get him and if the price had been right or if he had slipped in the draft, I think we would have gotten him. Since that is the case, will the new regime have *any* interest in keeping 'Bob Whitsitt' players? It seems like so far, they've tried to disconnect fromthe WHitsitt era and connect with a different group of guys.

Out goes Pippen and Sabonis...in comes nobody.

Out goes Bonzi...in comes Wes Person.

Would Nash really move *anybody* for a Bob Whitsitt guy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts