Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
The UK backcourt is looking nice next year with incoming frosh Rajon Rondo from Oak Hill as well. Thanks for the news though!
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
I can't believe Crawford chose UK after what's happened to Barbour. He should've gone somewhere else and starred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
I can't believe Crawford chose UK after what's happened to Barbour. He should've gone somewhere else and starred.
What? It's Barbour's fault he's not playing well, not Tubby's or UK's fault. He could and should be the star of this team, but due to SOMETHING ABOUT HIM, he can't be. What does this have to do with Barbour?

Joe has made the right decision. Forget Barbour. What about Tayshaun and Keith? They were clearly stars. Barbour just happens to be in an ever-lasting funk. Barbour has nothing to do with this. Like Joe said, he wants to be coached by someone who can improve him to the next level. Look at what Keith and Tayshaun are doing in the NBA. Are you implying that Joe won't be anything special at UK (or to put into better terms; under Tubby's system)? If that's the case, you couldn't be more wrong. Barbour just happens to be an example and probably has some mental aspects of his game to overcome, something I don't think Joe has. Again, if you want to look at better examples of stars under Tubby's system, just look at Keith Bogans and Tayshaun Prince. Also, Joe IS going to be the star of this team in due time, guaranteed.
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!


What? It's Barbour's fault he's not playing well, not Tubby's or UK's fault. He could and should be the star of this team, but due to SOMETHING ABOUT HIM, he can't be. What does this have to do with Barbour?
I may have been a little harsh w/ my words. I really hope Joe proves me wrong and flourishes at KU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!


I may have been a little harsh w/ my words. I really hope Joe proves me wrong and flourishes at KU.
He commited to Kentucky, not Kansas. ;)

Barbour is coming along in his last few games, though. 8 points, 5 rebounds, a few forced turnovers, great defense, and NO turnovers himself against Florida tonight. He also had 12 points against Ole Miss on 4 of 5 shooting from three-point range. Keep on improving Antwain...

Don't worry. As long as Joe keeps his confidence, he won't go the way of the Barbour. He's more likely to go the way of the Bogans or Prince.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Rebel... did u get to witness the greatness that is Shawn Marion in person?? He played against us in High School and was the best player i had ever seen at the HS level. He made us look suspect on D all night long, when we had a pretty good team. But hey, thats what great players do to ya.
 

·
just foul
Joined
·
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigHerm</b>!
Rebel... did u get to witness the greatness that is Shawn Marion in person?? He played against us in High School and was the best player i had ever seen at the HS level. He made us look suspect on D all night long, when we had a pretty good team. But hey, thats what great players do to ya.
Yeah I had season tickets when he played for UNLV. He was easily the fastest player I've ever seen in person; unbelievable athlete.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top