Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
What was the trade rumor? It seems like Jerry would have to get a pretty good deal to give up JC, given how highly he speaks of him.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
No mention of Crawford

"I think I can shoot the ball on the outside and also drive and penetrate and kick," Williams said. "If I can penetrate and kick out to Jalen Rose, I'll do that all day long.

"If I'm on the fast break, and I have Tyson Chandler on my left or Eddy Curry on my right, it's a field day. These are athletic guys who are smart. I look forward to interacting and playing with them."
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...e/cs-020613bulls.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have been amazed at the intimate knowledge JWill has demonstrated about the Bulls' team. He has said positive things about playing with Rose, Chandler, Curry, and (I think) Robinson. This guy has done his homework on the Bulls and he is no dummy. He surely knows that Crawford is the player who will be most affected if he is picked by the Bulls. He surely knows that Crawford has been appointed the "point guard of the future." Yet he has (I think) never mentioned anything about Crawford. He has never even thrown out a bone, saying something like JC and I will be a great backcourt combination. It does make me think that he has doubts about whether JC will be on the Bulls next year. On the other hand, he has mentioned coming off the bench, and the only guy who could possibly start ahead of him would be Crawford (no, not Best).

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Crawford is that good

What is all the hype about Crawford? Has he had a great game in the league yet? Has he even scored 16 points in a game? I just don't think he is a very good player.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Yes, Crawford has had a 19-point game and multiple 18-point games, all coming in limited minutes. Do your homework.....

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by NCBullsFan
I have been amazed at the intimate knowledge JWill has demonstrated about the Bulls' team. He has said positive things about playing with Rose, Chandler, Curry, and (I think) Robinson. This guy has done his homework on the Bulls and he is no dummy. He surely knows that Crawford is the player who will be most affected if he is picked by the Bulls. He surely knows that Crawford has been appointed the "point guard of the future." Yet he has (I think) never mentioned anything about Crawford. He has never even thrown out a bone, saying something like JC and I will be a great backcourt combination. It does make me think that he has doubts about whether JC will be on the Bulls next year. On the other hand, he has mentioned coming off the bench, and the only guy who could possibly start ahead of him would be Crawford (no, not Best).
Who is the idiot who posted this ---- about JWill not saying nice things about JC?

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/williams_020614.html

Bulls.com:
Your audience today included Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford. What do you know about their games and have you had a chance to meet them this week?

Williams:
I haven’t really been around them too much. But, this was really cool—I was in my hotel room last night, we had just got back from dinner and it was around 10:30. Tyson just stopped by my room. I was with Bill Duffy, my agent, and he just stopped by to say what’s up so I met him and we started talking. It was really cool. He’s a great kid and I could tell then he is really competitive. I like that; there are no other people I’d rather be sided with than people who really compete. I compete to the highest level, I work my butt off. I’ve lost in my life, but I don’t lose. That’s not what I do. Someone asked me yesterday if I was prepared to rebuild and lose a lot. They don’t understand—I don’t lose. I’ll go crazy before that happens. Of course you are going to lose some games, but I plan on winning way more games than I lose, even here. That’s what I expect and that’s what I’m going to go after.

Tyson’s sick, let’s be real about that. It’s disgustingly crazy how much talent he has and how good he is going to be with his tremendous upside. Eddy [Curry] and J.C. [Jamal Crawford], too, all these guys. They’re all good, they’re all young and they’re all exciting. J.C.’s leg has gotten better and I’m really happy about that for him. It’s going to get him jump started again and move him nowhere but this way (pointing upwards).

Bulls.com:
Do you feel you’d fit in well on the court with another guard like Jamal Crawford?

Williams:
Yeah, we can play together. I don’t mind having him create for me and giving me open jump shots. I’ll take that all day long because I know he’ll be the same way. Everybody talks about these things, it’s the same way with my height. (Williams was officially measured at 6’1 ¾” with shoes over the weekend.) I’m like, Allen Iverson is around 5’11 and Isiah Thomas is 6-foot. I’m taller than all these guys and I’m stronger than all these guys. My height’s not a problem. Of course I’m going to go to the rim and get knocked down a couple times but so what? I’m going to get right back up and act like it never happened. Even if I do drive here, you’ve got guys like J.C. or Jalen Rose to kick out to or Tyson and Eddy down low so I can bounce pass to them for a dunk. They’d make my job so much easier.

Oh, yeah, that idiot is me! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts