Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 3025 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Everyone is praising Jamal for these stats but did you notice these things.(oh, I didn't read giusd's post until after I wrote this, this is the same Jamal we had but with a slightly above average shooting night.))

No Free Throw Attempts

He took more shoots than he scored points.

His team lost.

His shooting average is ussually 10/25 or 40%, so his 10/23 43% is a step up that I really doubt continues.

And how about JYD getting no PT

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hustle</b>!
Everyone is praising Jamal for these stats but did you notice these things.(oh, I didn't read giusd's post until after I wrote this, this is the same Jamal we had but with a slightly above average shooting night.))

No Free Throw Attempts

His team lost.

His shooting average is ussually 10/25 or 40%, so his 10/23 43% is a step up that I really doubt continues.

Jamal looked incredible last night. He did peter out towards the end but he was one of the main reasons NY gave powerhouse Minny such a tough game in the first place. ANyone who watched the game...with an unbiased eye will tell you Crawford played extremely well. He blocked one of Cassells shots, he defended KG on one possession and made him miss! He had 3 steals, he was en fuego early in the game and did a lot more driving to the hole, he actually embarrassed Sprewell on one drive. His defense appeared much improved. Crawford played exceedingly well. His shot selection could have perhaps been a little better and he needs to play this way consistently for NY to play well but he looked head and shoulders above anyone last night not named Marbury, KG, or Cassell.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Jamal played great last night. Anyone who argues with that is totally clueless. Nitpick all you want. but he outplayed his counterpart by 12 pts. Not bad considering his counterpart is Latrell Sprewell

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
If he can take 3 less shots per game,and we all know which 3 i am talking about,he will be an All Star talent...

I do have a question...JC said after the game,he needs sto bulk up and will be hittting the weights hard this summer..

Why does it take a trade to NY for him to realize that..Doest the BUlls have a strength and conditioning coach???What do your players do in the off season??

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
2 other ex Bulls had better games yesterday then Jamal and their teams won.

I still miss Elton and Crazy Ron but I won't post their numbers.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
If he can take 3 less shots per game,and we all know which 3 i am talking about,he will be an All Star talent...

I do have a question...JC said after the game,he needs sto bulk up and will be hittting the weights hard this summer..

Why does it take a trade to NY for him to realize that..Doest the BUlls have a strength and conditioning coach???What do your players do in the off season??
Maybe he actually *likes* playing for the Knicks. He's happy to be out of the minor leagues and realizes the Knicks want him to be a star. Unlike the Bulls who drafted his replacement nearly every year.

Oh well.

AD hits the weights, that’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Originally posted by <b>L.O.B</b>!
2 other ex Bulls had better games yesterday then Jamal and their teams won.

I still miss Elton and Crazy Ron but I won't post their numbers.
They've been gone for a while, and their identities are interlocked with their current teams now. Jamal is still in the process of "getting the Chicago out of him."

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
We can simply agree to disagree about his game last night. I think "Jamal looked incredible last night" is not the game i saw. What i saw was he looked incredible for 1 quarter and played a excellent 1st half. His second half was any thing but incrediable. he scored 22 points on 23 shots. He was 6 for 9 the first halg and 4 for 14 the second half. While he did hit a couple of big shot in the 2nd half the game was close and he missed his last 5 shots. If he hits one or two og those NY could have won. Now i am not saying he played bad, i am glad he is gone, or what ever but to say he was incredible last night is just not correct.

KG was incredible. Marbary was incredible. JC had at best an up and down game. As for outplaying Spree whatever. Spree had 10 pts on only 8 shots played great D. Many of JC second Half shot were very poot shot selection and even the announers were saying this. And it wasn't just 3 shots.

JC overall preformence last night at SG was average how can he be called anything else.

david

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hustle</b>!

No Free Throw Attempts

His team lost.

........and he had a worse shooting % than almost every other Knick who got useful minutes.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Crawford had a good game.

He's 40th in the NBA right now in EFF out of all players.

His team lost, but they were not favored to beat the mighty TWolves. It was a close game.

Stop the hate.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The 6ft Hurdle</b>!
Good lord, you people who are complaining and obviously don't really like Jamal realize that you actually had to go out of your own way by deciding to click, read this update of Jamal's progress by good ole MichaelOFaz, take some more time just to say how much you dislike his style of posting, and you're complaining about how he's wasting your time ?

You guys post on a message boards ! You don't have anything better to do !

Me personally, I saw the thread "Crawford Update", and to my amazement I saw an update on Jamal Crawford. I came in and got what I expected. I don't know about you guys.
That pretty much sums it up for me.. if you don't like the thread.. don't read it!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kukoc4ever</b>!
Crawford had a good game.

He's 40th in the NBA right now in EFF out of all players.

His team lost, but they were not favored to beat the mighty TWolves. It was a close game.

Stop the hate.
Why is it hate? I haven't really read any "hate" in this thread. It's pretty much Jamal had an OK game and his team lost. I watched bits and pieces of the game and Jamal was patently average. Heaven forbid anybody should have even the slightest negative thing to say about Crawford and you've got to label it hate. Is it at all within the realm of possibility that he had an OK game, nothing to write home about, and his team lost and it not be hate? If that's hating, you're in for a looonnnggg season for Jamal cause that's pretty much going to be a representative stat line for the guy.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fl_flash</b>!

Why is it hate? I haven't really read any "hate" in this thread. It's pretty much Jamal had an OK game and his team lost. I watched bits and pieces of the game and Jamal was patently average. Heaven forbid anybody should have even the slightest negative thing to say about Crawford and you've got to label it hate. Is it at all within the realm of possibility that he had an OK game, nothing to write home about, and his team lost and it not be hate? If that's hating, you're in for a looonnnggg season for Jamal cause that's pretty much going to be a representative stat line for the guy.

And thats coming from a long time hater folks :laugh:

·
Registered
640 Posts

Because I think, a certain Bull Player isn't held to that same standard.

I will see 100 excuses how his ok or subpar games are actually great games or if he has a bad night it's just an off night.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!

And thats coming from a long time hater folks :laugh:
Really? I thought I've been pretty objective about Jamal. He's a good, but not great player. Never will be great. If that's hate, so be it, go ahead and label me. I've got to wonder about folks like yourself who so vehimatly stand behind a player who, in four years, has yet to play even one-half a season of consistant basketball. Who, after four years, are STILL making excuses for him. Who, after four year, still slap the "potential" label on him. The man will be 30 years old, a carreer 40% shooter and you'll still be calling him great.

Mainly, I take what seems to be a hateful stance on the guy because of posters like yourself who are wholly unobjective about him. He'll never make an all-star team. He'll never be much more than a streaky shooter who makes poor decisions but he'll have games when he's downright unstoppable. The problem is all the other games inbetween those great games.

You :laugh: at my "hate" I :laugh: at your blindness and complete lack of objectivity.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

Really? I thought I've been pretty objective about Jamal. He's a good, but not great player. Never will be great. If that's hate, so be it, go ahead and label me. I've got to wonder about folks like yourself who so vehimatly stand behind a player who, in four years, has yet to play even one-half a season of consistant basketball. Who, after four years, are STILL making excuses for him. Who, after four year, still slap the "potential" label on him. The man will be 30 years old, a carreer 40% shooter and you'll still be calling him great.

Mainly, I take what seems to be a hateful stance on the guy because of posters like yourself who are wholly unobjective about him. He'll never make an all-star team. He'll never be much more than a streaky shooter who makes poor decisions but he'll have games when he's downright unstoppable. The problem is all the other games inbetween those great games.

You :laugh: at my "hate" I :laugh: at your blindness and complete lack of objectivity.

So you think a persons ability to improve stops at age 24 ? because thats all I ever read any fan of jamal Crawfords argue .

No one is saying hes a complete player no one ever has thats what people like yourself have to say in order to have any type of basis to in which even argue about him .

You keep saying "he will never be more" and "he cant do this" "he wont do this" like you lknow the future .By the way you got the mega million numbers for Saturday :rolleyes: . All the while screaming your objectivity .

I stand behind the fact that I see a 24 yr old player who has gotten better every year hes been in the league and can continue to improve.How many players who have shown improvment from ages 20-24 dont show improvment from ages 24 -27 ?

Dont blame me for your bias and your need to get back at me though a player I dont even know by making ridiculous claims that you yourself know are over the top exagerrations.

By your standards no player has ever gotten better after the age of 24 oh thats right thats only applies to Crawford and your only believe that because people who like him make you. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!

He said before he was even traded that he needed to bulk up in the offseason and wanted to develop a post up game. He seems slightly larger now but I haven't seen him post anyone up yet.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!

So you think a persons ability to improve stops at age 24 ? because thats all I ever read any fan of jamal Crawfords argue .

No one is saying hes a complete player no one ever has thats what people like yourself have to say in order to have any type of basis to in which even argue about him .

You keep saying "he will never be more" and "he cant do this" "he wont do this" like you lknow the future .By the way you got the mega million numbers for Saturday :rolleyes: . All the while screaming your objectivity .

I stand behind the fact that I see a 24 yr old player who has gotten better every year hes been in the league and can continue to improve.How many players who have shown improvment from ages 20-24 dont show improvment from ages 24 -27 ?

Dont blame me for your bias and your need to get back at me though a player I dont even know by making ridiculous claims that you yourself know are over the top exagerrations.

By your standards no player has ever gotten better after the age of 24 oh thats right thats only applies to Crawford and your only believe that because people who like him make you. :laugh:
Ehh.

I had typed up this really long, well written, reply but I got a couple of calls between it and by the time I hit the Submit Reply button, it had timed out and I lost the whole damn thing!

I don't have time to argue with you and it truly is pointless. You want to see Jamal as some future all-star, that's your perrogative. I choose to see him as Larry Hughes - Part II. Time will tell how he turns out. That's called a difference of opinion. I may well be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I can live with being called a "hater" just because I don't happen to think Jamal is going to be the next great thing. I guess that means I have no objectivity and that you do. Whatever works for you to make sure your world keeps spinning.

Have a nice day.

21 - 40 of 3025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.