Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 3025 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
"For me, personally, it's a nervous night," Thomas said. "Because you know, you've got all the right people in the building -- you've got the fans, you've got the entertainers -- it's a hot night for everybody."
blaming the fans now?

NOTES: Thomas confirmed he has interest in 6-9 swingman Eddy Robinson, who was bought out of his contract by the Chicago Bulls on Monday.

"It's my job to be interested," Thomas said. "Whenever there are players that are let go by teams... what I've always said since I took the job is that, we've got to find unconventional ways to try to find talent. If we just depended on the draft to find talent, then we would be sitting, five years from now, still waiting on Santa Claus to come. So whenever there's a player out there that's a pretty decent player, my job is to look under the rocks and to beat the bushes and to see if there's something there."

Thomas categorized his interest in Robinson, 32, as "preliminary" and said he doesn't know whether he will bring him in for a workout.

Asked whether the performance of rookie Trevor Ariza might make him less likely to bring Robinson in -- in order that he not risk stunting Ariza's growth -- Thomas said it would not. .
spelled eddie wrong

http://www.silive.com/sports/advance/index.ssf?/base/Sports/1099837282192740.xml

·
Registered
725 Posts
Here's Jamal reaction to the game:
Jamal Crawford

Can't understand what went wrong:
I was asking my teammates what they saw because I thought we were playing pretty hard, but we didn't always play smart. We took some quick shots that gave them a chance to get some easy buckets.

Does anyone know why we only won 23 games last season? I can't pipoint the cancer but Crawford is part of the problem. When you're dumb enough not to know what's the problem, something is wrong. Basically, this quote means that I'm going to come out again with my half *** effort and hope for a W. Jamal is right about not playing smart. However, he has the wrong version. Playing smart means playing with control both offensively and defensively.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
wait... i thought rose was the cancer?

that "cancer" happens to be 2-0 right now so we don't hear about him.

its a long season and the knicks will finish ahead of the also 0-2 bulls.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chicago_Cow</b>!
Here's Jamal reaction to the game:
Jamal Crawford

Can't understand what went wrong:
I was asking my teammates what they saw because I thought we were playing pretty hard, but we didn't always play smart. We took some quick shots that gave them a chance to get some easy buckets.

Does anyone know why we only won 23 games last season? I can't pipoint the cancer but Crawford is part of the problem. When you're dumb enough not to know what's the problem, something is wrong. Basically, this quote means that I'm going to come out again with my half *** effort and hope for a W. Jamal is right about not playing smart. However, he has the wrong version. Playing smart means playing with control both offensively and defensively.
I don't know about that... he's asking the right questions... I'd be more concerned if he wasn't.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I don't like any NY teams...it's my upbringing, so I can't say I feel bad that the Knicks got waxed so badly in their home opener.

This said, as a Bulls' fan, we've seen our share of trainwrecks over the past 6 years. I can't laugh too hard, even if it is the Knicks.

As for Crawford, he's probably just trying to be a good teammate. However, my advice to him is that he avoid this sort of editorial after future blowouts. The NY press and fans will paint a big ol' target on his back and make his life a living hell...they're really good at this.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
I don't like any NY teams...it's my upbringing, so I can't say I feel bad that the Knicks got waxed so badly in their home opener.

This said, as a Bulls' fan, we've seen our share of trainwrecks over the past 6 years. I can't laugh too hard, even if it is the Knicks.

As for Crawford, he's probably just trying to be a good teammate. However, my advice to him is that he avoid this sort of editorial after future blowouts. The NY press and fans will paint a big ol' target on his back and make his life a living hell...they're really good at this.
I think what would be interesting to trace in Jamal would be if he faces the same psychological pressures in New York from the fans and the organization as opposed to that in Chicago.

Personally, I thought Chicago the organization did just about everything we could legally do to mentally torture him. I don't think it's fandom he's concerned about namely because he apparently reads realgm/bulls4ever and there are some pretty brutal comments.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
If getting beat back on defense, resisting trying to take charges on driving Celtics and getting manhandled on the boards is playing hard, Isiah and Wilkens have a long way to go trying to transform this soft, mentally weak roster.
That's a fine team you got there for $103M, Isiah!!!

You da Man!

p.s. I really hope IT cans Wilkins and returns to the bench. That would be the sweetest!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kukoc4ever</b>!
wait... i thought rose was the cancer?

that "cancer" happens to be 2-0 right now so we don't hear about him.
Well gee golly whiz, I wonder why we don't hear about the almighty Jalen Rose and the Toronto Raptors. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he was traded nearly a year ago, people have moved on, and 95% of the people over here on the Chicago Bulls board could really give a $%^&.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ChiBulls2315</b>!

Well gee golly whiz, I wonder why we don't hear about the almighty Jalen Rose and the Toronto Raptors. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he was traded nearly a year ago, people have moved on, and 95% of the people over here on the Chicago Bulls board could really give a $%^&.
Why are you on a Jamal thread then? Have you not moved on?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

Since I'm reading this thread, I clearly must not be over him. :|
Then don't complain. Jamal. Jalen. Donyell. Its all the same decision.

The Bulls are 0-2 and the players that Pax dumped for nothing are key contributors on a 2-0 team.

The Knicks are off to a bad start.

Does anyone think the Bulls will have a better record than the Knicks?

Really?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

Then don't complain. Jamal. Jalen. Donyell. Its all the same decision.

The Bulls are 0-2 and the players that Pax dumped for nothing are key contributors on a 2-0 team.
Let's not kid ourselves. If the Raptors go anywhere, it will be b/c of Vince Carter and Chris Bosh. You can go down the line and make a case that Rose is their 4th or 5th most important player behind those two, Donyell, and Alston, who looks like he's having a nice start to the season. I wasn't a big fan of getting rid of Donyell, but I'm ok with it since it got Rose out of town. Donyell was never really in the longterm plans, though I would have liked to get a bit more for him, but oh well.

The Knicks are off to a bad start.

Does anyone think the Bulls will have a better record than the Knicks?

Really?

Does it really make a difference? If the Knicks have a better record, does that somehow conclude the Jamal trade was a complete bust? These guys are a veteran team that won 39 games last year and probably would have had a few more with Marbury the whole year. Coming into this season, having a whole training camp with each other, and adding a supposed up and coming all star, they should win more games, especially considering they have a payroll that is exceeding 100 million dollars.

And even with that in mind, I really don't think they are going to have more than a handful more of wins. I really like what I see from these Bulls even in their 2 losses (playing without arguably their best player nonetheless) and I really think once they get a feel for each other, the wins will come. We got 18 of 23 at home after the circus trip (though a rough start to that homesteand) that should help. That article that said something about the Knicks being a "mentally, soft team" I think really hit the nail on the head. I would much rather be in our situation than theirs.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

Let's not kid ourselves. If the Raptors go anywhere, it will be b/c of Vince Carter and Chris Bosh.
Raptors win today over Portland to go to 3-0.
Bosh
1-9 FG
2-4 FT
5 rbs

Yah right.

:( :( :( :( :sleep:

You can spout all the Pax Platitudes you want.

The team he's put together sucks *** while rose and marshall are key players on a 3-0 team.

Enjoy all the losing.

Maybe you will be right in 3 years or so.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

Raptors win today over Portland to go to 3-0.
Bosh
1-9 FG
2-4 FT
5 rbs

Yah right.

:( :( :( :( :sleep:

You can spout all the Pax Platitudes you want.

The team he's put together sucks *** while rose and marshall are key players on a 3-0 team.

Enjoy all the losing.

Maybe you will be right in 3 years or so.
Again, don't be ridiculous. There will be exceptions. The Raptors will NOT make the playoffs if Bosh goes 1-9 every night. He is their 2nd best player.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

Again, don't be ridiculous. There will be exceptions. The Raptors will NOT make the playoffs if Bosh goes 1-9 every night. He is their 2nd best player.
You are the one being ridiculous.

Blindly supporting a losing team... while the GM dumps players that are the main components to their new winning team.... for NOTHING.

Pax very well may be the losingest GMs in NBA history.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

Blindly supporting a losing team... while the GM dumps players that are the main components to their new winning team.... for NOTHING.

Main components? I'm blind?

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts

Isn't it a fan's job to support his team.... because if you don't, your essentially not a fan, right?

And in your previous post, you showed us Bosh's stats. Why didn't you post Vince Carter's stats? The Raptors depend on Vince Carter like ChiBulls said.

And quit crying about Jamal. The Knicks are 0-2 and have spent a considerable amount on their product, while the Bulls are just as competitive without spending the kind of money the Knicks have (Though it is early...) Right now I like the makeup of our team. The only thing I don't like about this team is Skile's game management (Not starting Luol Deng, not putting in good free throw shooters to ice the game, playing zone when you are being killed by the 3).... but hey, thats another post.

The only players I have regretted losing are Brand, Artest, and Miller... and I'm pretty sure Krause is the one who has initiated those trades. You can say Reinsdorf pressured him all you want, but it was Krause who pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Could someone define "main component" for me? Because I am confused, too.

Right now Jalen is at least #3 on his undefeated team in minutes, points, assists, 3 point %, FT% and steals.

Would that suffice?

Blind as a bat. :)

·
Registered
520 Posts

Kukoc, you're a nice guy... but who's the one supporting a losing team? You are a season ticket holder! Reinsdorf doesn't give a **** about what you post, he cares about what's in his pocketbook. As far as he's concerned, you're a loyal Bulls fan and everything about the Bulls franchise is perfect. I'd think about that next year when they ask for your hard earned money again.

61 - 80 of 3025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.