Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 3025 Posts

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
Good win for the Knicks...but full of aberrations.

<I>Stephon Marbury contributed 12 points and 10 assists for <B>the Knicks, who shot 53 percent</b> (40-of-75). </i>

This team is shooting 42% from the field for the season.

<I>Cleveland's LeBron James collected 13 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds but <b>shot just 5-of-15</b>. He scored <b>only two points in the first quarter</b> while blanketed by Tim Thomas and <b>was held scoreless in the fourth quarter</b> by Penny Hardaway. </i>

Tim Thomas, Penny Hardaway? :rolleyes:

He didn't score because it was an off night for him. We all know that neither player is his equal, and we know Jamal isn't a better basketball player than he his. How quickly we forget that little Dr. J reference from a few days ago.

They caught the Cav's and especially James on a down night...and did what they were supposed to do. The Bulls probably would have beaten them too.

Nothing special here folks...move on. :sleep:
ya gotta love it when analysis is done by people who didn't watch the game, because it is so on point :rolleyes:

LBJ didn't have a bad game just because , he had one because the knicks made him have one. he didn't get many easy shots the knicks kept him outside for the most part, but to you it seems it was luck. the cvas as a whole shot 47% but to you that was also an off night., the truth is the cavs have beaten mostly nobodies this season (the bobcats 2 times , hawks & wizards) they came into the garden and the knicks pretty much beat them from the opening buzzer. the knicks were just a better team tonight.

crawford isn't any better he is just i guess in your mind lucky , despite not watching it. even though he is now shooting .425 from the field from .386 last year, to you thats no improvement. he also scored 13 points in the 4th quarter to make sure they kept the lead.

i guess thats an abberration too.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!
they came into the garden and the knicks pretty much beat them from the opening buzzer. the knicks were just a better team tonight.
Didn't attack Jay?see...and you basically agreed with what I said.

Interesting.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
This thread is approaching a point where it'll need to be renamed "The Bizarro World."

Crawford had a phenomenal game tonight. If Allan Houston thinks he's waltzing back into the starting lineup, he's crazy.

The guy has walked into the toughest market in the league and he's thrived, completely risen to the challenge. And yet Paxson and Skiles just wrote him off.

I guess they (0-8) knew what they were doing, right?

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ScottMay</b>!
This thread is approaching a point where it'll need to be renamed "The Bizarro World."

Crawford had a phenomenal game tonight. If Allan Houston thinks he's waltzing back into the starting lineup, he's crazy.

The guy has walked into the toughest market in the league and he's thrived, completely risen to the challenge. And yet Paxson and Skiles just wrote him off.

It was sweet at the end of Q2, I believe. Marbury dribbled across half court and gave it to Crawford. Crawford dribbled away the rest of the game clock and did his cross-over and hit a 2 with 2 seconds left.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
It would have been wonderful to have a guard rotation of Hinrich, Crawford, Duhon and Iguodala, with Deng, Nocioni, Chandler and Harrington at the forward spots. Ahh well.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Johnny Mac</b>!
It would have been wonderful to have a guard rotation of Hinrich, Crawford, Duhon and Iguodala, with Deng, Nocioni, Chandler and Harrington at the forward spots. Ahh well.
how does a team get harrington iggy JC and deng all at the same time?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!
how does a team get harrington iggy JC and deng all at the same time?
Great question. I'm trippin' balls. Subtract Harrington, add JYD. Draft Iggy instead of Gordon. Resign Crawford.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts

houston has started practicing , he says hopefully he rejoins the team in 2 weeks.

so we'll see then who starts , but the way tim thomas has been playing they might just go w/ a 3 guard lineup.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HAWK23</b>!
Iggy- 29 min, 8 ppg, 5 reb, 2 ast

Gordon- 17 min, 8 ppg, 2 reb, 1 ast
Iggy is a legit 6'7 and a very good defender. That would go a long way on a team that gets lit up by shooting guards every night, because we have to stick guys who are 6'1 to 6'3 on them.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Well, the Knicks got a visit from "Bad" Jamal tonight -- make that "Very Bad" Jamal.

28 minutes, 3-14 FG, 1-7 3pt FG, 0-0 FT, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 TO, 2 stl, 7 pts in a blowout loss to the Raptors.

I didn't see any of the game, so I can't speak to the specifics, but this is by far Jamal's worse performance of the season and it's probably worse than his worst game as a Bull last year.

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Well, the Knicks got a visit from "Bad" Jamal tonight -- make that "Very Bad" Jamal.

28 minutes, 3-14 FG, 1-7 3pt FG, 0-0 FT, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 TO, 2 stl, 7 pts in a blowout loss to the Raptors.

I didn't see any of the game, so I can't speak to the specifics, but this is by far Jamal's worse performance of the season and it's probably worse than his worst game as a Bull last year.
I didn't watch, but I deduce from the box score that Jalen Rose shut him down.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!

I didn't watch, but I deduce from the box score that Jalen Rose shut him down.
think again the raptors played zone most of the night and it killed the knicks , most of marbury's points came after the games was out of reach only nazr played well all game.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I watched most of the game and JC did struggle on offensive but that was mostly due to he was being guarded by Carter and not by rose. But this was by far his worst game of the season due to his awful defensive. For most of the game he was covering the raptors PG's and Marbery had to cover Carter or wilkins but him on carter. JC was getting smoked on the pick and roll all night but Alston and Palacio who had 27 points on only 17 shots.

I will continue to say this until proved otherwise. JC matches up very well with Marbary and they have good chemistry and because of that Marbery is playing better this year. JC is playing somewhat better this year, taking better shots, is not rushing it as much, and looks more comfortalbe.

On the other hand, still playing awful D, stands around to much on offensive, to much dribble, and is still wildly inconsistent. And like last night (*and with the bulls) when his shot is off he lets it negatively effect his whole game. Finally, if you look at his stats it really doesn't seem that different than last year. Around 40% form the field, slightly better for 3's at roughly 38%, aournd 17ppg on 16 shots, and a couple of FT per game.

I sitll think we should have signed him, if for nothing else to trade him if it did not work out this year. If i had my way we would have traded him to GS for pietrus who i think is a stud. I think what we are seeing from him this year is what he is, kind of a vinnie johnson player who when he is hot is unstoppable but when he is not plays badly.

david

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
not to rub it in or anything...but this is why i simply love the new york post. particularly the backpage sports headlines. got any stuffing to go with that turkey?

anyway...all in good fun.

a very happy turkey day to everyone on the bulls forum. going to go watch the parade.

:D

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
JC shows how to bounce back after a poor showing the other day.

30 pts(11-22 FG), 7 rebs, 3 assists, 1 block AND ONLY 1 TURNOVER in 46 mins. as his Knicks beat the Raptors 108-102 a few minutes ago.

He's having a great season. NY is back to .500 again.

121 - 140 of 3025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.