Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Crazy 4 team trade idea

612 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Lusty RaRue 
#1 ·
How far am I trying to bend reality with this one? Seriously, tell me if I'm nuts for suggesting this one (you won't hurt my feelings):

Portland sends Rasheed Wallace to Atlanta and Memphis' #1 pick back to Memphis
Portland receives Alan Henderson, Jamal Crawford, Eddie Robinson and Shane Battier

Atlanta sends Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Chicago and Alan Henderson to Portland
Atlanta receives Rasheed Wallace and Corie Blount

Chicago sends Jamal Crawford & Eddie Robinson to Portland, Corie Blount to Atlanta and Marcus Fizer to Memphis
Chicago recieves Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Ryan Humphrey

Memphis sends Shane Battier to Portland and Ryan Humphrey to Chicago
Memphis receives Marcus Fizer and their 2004 1st round pick back

Would other draft picks have to be included to even it up? Cash?

OK, have at it.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Crawford is beginning to play clutch basketball, and even though Paxson claims TC and Curry are the untradeable ones, he is really finding trouble getting value at Crawford's salary. A team with TC, Curry, SAR, JYD and Antonio Davis? No thanks, Paxson would rather stick with his proven scorer and an exciting guard who is slowly becoming consistent.

And Memphis wouldn't do this either, Battier is a competitor and a huge fan favorite, they really like this guy and in no way does Fizer compensate for his loss.

#5 ·
If I was ATL I would do it if only because it would speed up the rebuilding process two years at least. Henderson's contract is monstrous.

I don't think Portland wants to take on E-Rob AND Henderson AND worry about re-signing JC..

#6 · (Edited)
I'm a Bull fan.
I see it differently.

The issue is can/should SAR play/defend the 3. If so then it's a go, if not then it's a no go. All he(or another "combo" forward) would have to do is start there and then rotate to the 4 when 1 of the 2 young 5's sit. I don't think he's enough of a 3 to try it. Jamison would be worth the risk to me however.

The real target for the Bull is Battier but he won't be traded unless a quality true 5 or superstar is involved.

Of the 3 C's(Chandler,Curry,Crawford), Crawford is clearly the one most likely to be dealt IF any are.

Edit:
It's a good deal in terms of talent and thinning out the roster for quality but the fit is a bit off. I'd do it if I had a taker for SAR who had a better fit.

P.S.:
I'm an idiot. Do the opposite of what I suggest and you'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.