Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CV looks like he could end up being as good as Bosh... (I know, its early)

Why not trade Bosh? His value is extremely high.

Think about it...maybe we could get a sweet package for him. Something like Igoudala + Dalembert or something like that (just off the top of my head) and improve 2 positions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
We've had many threads about this and I've even suggested that same trade. As I've said I'm for the idea. Prepare for a merge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
This illustrates exactly why we can't get a good package for Bosh right now, unless it's for an insanely good player on his rookie contract as well. Dally and Iggy combine for about 14 million in salary, whereas Bosh is around 4. Just doesn't work like that.

Just before I was thinking about what the hell we'd trade Bosh for. Athletic swing men are pretty common and we could pick up a couple in the draft or free agency. Big men have huge contracts or they're hung onto (which is why we should hang onto Bosh of course) and they simply aren't as good as Bosh. Look at Chandler and Dalembert- they've been in the league longer and they're simply not as good; not now, not ever.

When Bosh is on his max contract and things aren't working out and we've got major suitors, fine, maybe then. Thinking of pulling the trigger NOW is silly to say the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,770 Posts
firstrounder said:
like Igoudala + Dalembert or something like that (just off the top of my head) and improve 2 positions.
this deal should only be done if:
-CV31 is proven over 2 season
-there is uncertainty surrounding giving bosh a max deal
-there is a package on the table for a first round pick plus a fringe allstar who is already in his prime.

and of course if there is rumblings behind the scenes that bosh wants out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Not freaking on you but...

1) CV3 has had 2 good games - to paraphrase Jalen Rose - let's not put his jersey up in the rafters yet.

2) the way the traditional 1,2,3,4 and 5 positions in the NBA have blurred, there is nothing wrong with playing Bosh and CV3 on the court at the same time. Some might ask "but doesn't that mean CV3 has to guard a 3??". The answer is no. Most teams are using 6"10 freaks who can shoot and dribble at the 3 anyway - CV3 fits right in (and none of them can guard each other anyway, so let's not worry about defense too much).

3) Igodoula (and guys like him) are a dime a dozen - as are "project" centres like Dalembert. I'd only consider trading Bosh for a blue chip and fairly young point guard (none come to mind right now) because that's something we won't likely get in a draft.

4) Addressing a specific need is foolish right now - we ain't winning the trophy in the next 3 years so right now it's better just to stockpile talent in any form and then worry about how the pieces fit later.

5) After Shaq and Duncan retire or get way past their prime, there will be no true centres left and Bosh will become an All-Star centre by default. The future of the centre position is 6"11 athletes who can put it on the floor. Bosh is it. (or I hope so anyway)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Marvin Williams Jr. said:
Why not keep both?

Remember, Jordan/Pippen. Shaq/Kobe. Duncan/Robinson.

Great teams always have 2 star players.

Yes, but rarely do they play the same position.

That being said I believe we should retain both their services. I just don't know if we can. I imagine Bosh will demand a Max contract, but I don't know if he deserves it. I believe Bosh will max out at about 22/10. I don't know if that is worth max money. I do believe that Villa will also earn a large contract, likely max. He will probably have nicer stats than bosh in the long run, but I don't know if he is the leader that Bosh is.

Can we expect to retain two max, or close, contracts and keep decent roll players around them?

Can we manage the ego of two potential all-stars playing the same position?

Can we find a legit centre to bang and rebound at a decent price?

Lots of questions, but right now I don't want to lose either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
The reason I would not trade bosh just yet is that he is a 21 year old player, who the weakest areas of his game are man to man defence, (He has the lateral quicks, just needs the fundamentals), and playin out of double teams... That is all stuff that can be worked on.. i remember just the other day he became the third youngest player to get 1500 rebounds... That is insane..... I would not want to trade bosh.. Cuz he can be the 2nd best player on this team after one good draft.. Him,CV, and 2006 Draft pick could make us a scary team.... and oh yeah, FIRE MITCHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Flush said:
Yes, but rarely do they play the same position.

That being said I believe we should retain both their services. I just don't know if we can. I imagine Bosh will demand a Max contract, but I don't know if he deserves it. I believe Bosh will max out at about 22/10. I don't know if that is worth max money. I do believe that Villa will also earn a large contract, likely max. He will probably have nicer stats than bosh in the long run, but I don't know if he is the leader that Bosh is.

Can we expect to retain two max, or close, contracts and keep decent roll players around them?

Can we manage the ego of two potential all-stars playing the same position?

Can we find a legit centre to bang and rebound at a decent price?

Lots of questions, but right now I don't want to lose either.
Except that Villanueva and Bosh are so versatile, they don't just play the same position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Marvin Williams Jr. said:
Except that Villanueva and Bosh are so versatile, they don't just play the same position.
did you read the rest of my post?

I agree totally, however each of them will have the most sucecess when matched up against PF's offensively and defensively.

They will both struggle against 3's and 5's.

I still think we should keep them both raptors
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top