Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, Jordan isn't what he was but he is still pretty damn good. I think he can be a great 3rd option for some playoff team out there. He can probably help a mid level playoff team and put them over the top. I know MJ isn't the GM anymore but he probably still calls the shots. Should the Wiz trade Jordan to a playoff team in February? It will help MJ because he'll have something to play for. It will help the team he's dealt to because it might put them over the top. It will help the Wiz because they will get something for him. I think it is a win-win situation for everyone. Do you think it could/would happen? Wouldn't it be awesome?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
he doesnt need rings - 6
he doesnt need money - a ton of $$$ already

He is playing for the love of the game.

Also if he was playing for RIngs he wouldnt have signed with the Wiz

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
If I was MJ...I would trade myself to the Lakers...he knows the triangle at this point in his career he is a 3rd option...maybe him and Brenden Haywood for like Devon George something like that...then after my contract was up... I wouldn't go back to the wiz I would head over and be the President and GM of Charlotte.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
U are all WRONG!!!

M.J. ISNT in it for the Rings,$$$ or love of the game!

M.J. came back for 2 reasons.

1. To attract fans and keep them coming to the games.

2. To get the Wizards out of the NBA's basement and into the playoffs.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Another weird question about Jordan that I've always wondered. I never noticed Jordan doing any advertisements for any type of gum yet he's always chewing gum. I can also never find gum that lasts during bball games. Does anyone know what type of gum he chews or any personal advice on what you chew?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by <b>W1Z0C0Z</b>!
Another weird question about Jordan that I've always wondered. I never noticed Jordan doing any advertisements for any type of gum yet he's always chewing gum. I can also never find gum that lasts during bball games. Does anyone know what type of gum he chews or any personal advice on what you chew?
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

MJ's advice on gum

:rofl:
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!
U are all WRONG!!!

M.J. ISNT in it for the Rings,$$$ or love of the game!

M.J. came back for 2 reasons.

1. To attract fans and keep them coming to the games.

2. To get the Wizards out of the NBA's basement and into the playoffs.
Originally posted by <b>kingofkings!</b>!
I was just reading this great article from Forbes about Michael Jordan and I am going to share some amazing facts with you:

1) Suggested that Jordan had been worth $310 billion to the US economy during his career

2) Thanks to Jordan, Reinsdorf had seen his team's value rise to in excess of $200 million, considering that Reinsdorf had invested $9.2 million in buying his share of the Bulls.

3) Jordan earned over $240 million in endorsement deals in the 1990's.

4)Jordan made an impact of $165.5 million on attendance at NBA games, including $135 million in Chicago.

5) His effect on TV revenues has been valued at $366 million

6)His fame has added $3.1 billion to NBA merchandise sales

7) His movie Space Jam grossed $230 million worldwide

8) His other sports videos generated in excess of $80 million worldwide.

9) His four books have generated over $17 million in sales

10) His cologne and aftershaves have generated sales of $155 million.

11) His underwear is projected to gross in $10 million

12) Nike, the greatest benefactor of Jordan, have gained over $5.2 billion, from Jordan's phenomenon.

These just represent what Jordan has been worth to the US economy. It just seems unreal, with the millions being bandied around. But, that is the real monetary worth of Michael Jordan.

At the end of the day, alot of organisations have benefited from Jordan's fame and legacy. He has contributed alot to the US economy. This has created jobs and helped increase the overall wealth in the US and worldwide. This should never be overlooked.
When MJ retired there was no major superstar left. MJ was that star and the money he brought to the NBA and the econonmy (shown above) had to be replaced. MJ was not an easy man to replace. T'Mac was in only his second year in the league and he only put up 9 ppg. It was only Iverson's 3rd year in the league and he was just known for a killer crossover, Kobe only put up 20 ppg, nothing that superstar-like, KG was money at 20/10 but not that popular, and Duncan has always been consistent but there was no replacement to MJ. A lot of people watched basketball to watch MJ, not the other guys so when MJ retired a lot of people stopped watching basketball. I stopped watching games, but not sportscenter so I was among the fans that quit. MJ generated a lot of money for the NBA and everyone knows that. Once MJ left there were a bunch of young talented players in the league but no complete superstar that could completely overtake a game and put the audience into awe. The only man that could help replace MJ was MJ and that is what he did. The NBA will do fine when he retires now because there are many stars in the NBA and the excitement of the NBA has been brought back. So overall MJ came back because he still loves the game, he wanted to prove he could still play against the "new" and upcoming stars, the NBA was hurting financially and of course his ego.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get off Jordan's jock. He's not playing "For the love of the game" as many of you think. The only reason that he came back was because he owns the Wiz so he wants to make his investment worth more. Why the hell would he go to the Charlotte franchise when he has been working his *** off the last 2 years trying to better the investment he already has?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>L 23 J</b>!
Get off Jordan's jock. He's not playing "For the love of the game" as many of you think. The only reason that he came back was because he owns the Wiz so he wants to make his investment worth more. Why the hell would he go to the Charlotte franchise when he has been working his *** off the last 2 years trying to better the investment he already has?
Explain the Richard Hamilton trade if he wanted to "make his investment worth more."

·
Registered
7 Posts
[Edited for being user Marvin Harrison, a/k/a Uncle Jesse and a host of other banned names. This user cannot post here at any time, under any name. TB#1]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts