Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, homecourt advantage doesn't guarantee a championship at all, but it sure does help quite a bit. The Kings have lost 2 out of their last 3 games, and still have 3 games remaining on their 6 game trip (HOU on Wed., SA on Thurs., SEA on Sat.). With the Lakers win last night, they are now 3.5 games behind the Kings for the division lead.

I think the Kings will lose to the Spurs, but they'll beat the Rockets and Sonics in close games. Considering that the Lakers and Kings play 3 more times this season, the Lakers actually have a very good shot at winning the Pacific Division. However, a lot of this depends on what they do on their season-long 7 game road trip coming up. Luckily, only 2 of the teams that they play have winning records (IND and HOU), and only 3 of the teams are currently in the playoffs (IND, HOU and TOR). The Lakers should DEFINITELY be able to win 5 out of the 7 games.

Thoughts?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
All that matters is if all the Lakers are healthy. They have a superior starting 5, bench, coaching staff... the Kings probably have better trainers (sorry Vitti). The Lakers really have no excuses to make up the ground.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Lakers=27 of next 30 on road...they wont catch the Kings for that one reason, had none of the Lakers gotten injured, Lakers are Pacific Division Champs... The Kings will pick up their road play when Webber comes back, right now they are forced to be a jump shooting team only, and that is hard to do on the road...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Lakers=27 of next 30 on road...they wont catch the Kings for that one reason, had none of the Lakers gotten injured, Lakers are Pacific Division Champs... The Kings will pick up their road play when Webber comes back, right now they are forced to be a jump shooting team only, and that is hard to do on the road...
What? Of the Lakers next 30 games, 19 are on the road. Of these 19, only 5 of them are against winning teams.

·
20,601 Posts
oops i meant 17 of next 20 that started a few games ago

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops i meant 17 of next 20 that started a few games ago
Nope, at the beginning of the Lakers road trip it was 15 out of 20 games on the road.:D

It's 0-2, the count is against you.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Kings will end up no better than 3-3 on their current road trip, and probably 2-4 with losses at Houston and San Antonio most likely. As we know, they are already 0-2 on the trip.

Anyway, I can definitely see the Lakers coming back and taking the #1 seed if the Kings continue to play poorly on the road. However, it's the Twolves that I see taking the #1 seed this year. If I had to guess, I'd say that the West will look like this at the end of the year:

1. Twolves
2. Lakers
3. Kings
4. Spurs
5. Mavs

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!

1. Twolves
2. Lakers
3. Kings
4. Spurs
5. Mavs
I think the Mavs will overtake the Spurs, and the standings will look like this:

1. Wolves
2. Lakers
3. Kings
4. Mavs
5. Spurs
6. Grizzlies
7. Rockets
8. Nuggets.

Wolves beat the Nuggets in 6.
We beat Rockets in 4.
Kings beat Grizz in 7
Mavs beat Spurs in 7

·
20,601 Posts
Kings will end up no better than 3-3 on their current road trip, and probably 2-4 with losses at Houston and San Antonio most likely. As we know, they are already 0-2 on the trip.
Fitst of all they are 1-2 and i think the Kings can take Houston, may lose to Spurs, and should win at Seattle, that equals 3-3...

·
20,601 Posts
Kings beat Grizz in 7
You think it will take 7 games to beat the Grizzlies?! And btw, I dont think Lakers will take the top spot ESPECIALLY with Malone out until after the All Star Break...

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
And btw, I dont think Lakers will take the top spot ESPECIALLY with Malone out until after the All Star Break...
As great as Malone is truthfully if Shaq returns soon it might be enough and it probably will be with Shaq, Kobe, Payton, George, Slava.. That's not a bad lineup at all

·
20,601 Posts
As great as Malone is truthfully if Shaq returns soon it might be enough and it probably will be with Shaq, Kobe, Payton, George, Slava.. That's not a bad lineup at all
Its not bad, but Slava is not a good fit at that PF position, notice how Malone got the fast break points and the putbacks and stuff, but he never really tried to be a main scorer, because there were other shots to be distrubited and he knew his role, Slava has to make himself a scorer because thats all he can do, which will take shots away from not only Kobe, but the Diesel as well...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

You think it will take 7 games to beat the Grizzlies?! And btw, I dont think Lakers will take the top spot ESPECIALLY with Malone out until after the All Star Break...
The Grizz have won 8 in a row, including a spanking of your Kings.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

Its not bad, but Slava is not a good fit at that PF position, notice how Malone got the fast break points and the putbacks and stuff, but he never really tried to be a main scorer, because there were other shots to be distrubited and he knew his role, Slava has to make himself a scorer because thats all he can do, which will take shots away from not only Kobe, but the Diesel as well...
As a starter Slava shoots less than 3 shots more per game than Malone, and when you consider that a lot his starts have been games where he was the second option, that's not a big difference. It won't be a problem.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
As we know, they are already 0-2 on the trip.
No dude, they're 1-2. They beat the Cavs, lol.

·
20,601 Posts
The Grizz have won 8 in a row, including a spanking of your Kings.
WOW! So that means it would take the Lakers 7 to beat the Pistons right? Because the Lakers got spanked by the Pistons and won 13 in a ROW! Wow, hell 7 games?! The Pistons would take the Lakers out in the Finals with that kinda thing goin! In fact, the Knicks had a nice little streak of a few games in a row, i guess they can take Dallas now...

No dude, they're 1-2. They beat the Cavs, lol.
Like the Lakers have been so stellar on the road... Even before the big four went out you lost on the road...

·
Registered
338 Posts
i think the kings will beat the spurs but lose to the sonics...the sonics have alot of firepower depends on ray allens night.....

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts

WOW! So that means it would take the Lakers 7 to beat the Pistons right? Because the Lakers got spanked by the Pistons and won 13 in a ROW! Wow, hell 7 games?! The Pistons would take the Lakers out in the Finals with that kinda thing goin! In fact, the Knicks had a nice little streak of a few games in a row, i guess they can take Dallas now...
Just face it, man. It's not like the Kings own the Grizz or anything. Far from it. Seven games is probably much more accurate than the four game sweep you're likely envisioning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
You don't understand. I'm not saying that the Grizzlies could take you to seven games because they just beat you, I am saying they are a solid team and they have shown they can beat quality teams. I think they will surprise whoever they end up playing the first round, and will steal a few games.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts