Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
Joined
·
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final World Cup groups confirmed


  • Scotland's 47-run win over Ireland today in the ICC Trophy final in Ireland confirms the groupings for the first stage of the 2007 World Cup. The fixtures schedule for 2007 can now be finalised and, along with the tournament dates, will be announced on July 19 in Trinidad.

    Scotland's reward for winning the ICC Trophy is a place alongside Australia, Holland and South Africa in Pool 1 in St Kitts. Ireland will be in Pool 4 with the host West Indies, Pakistan and Zimbabwe.

    In Pool 2 Bermuda will take on Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh in Trinidad and Tobago while Canada will be in Pool 3 in St Lucia with New Zealand, England and Kenya.

    Confirmed World Cup Pools

    Pool 1 - St Kitts - Australia, South Africa, Holland, Scotland
    Pool 2 - Trinidad - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda
    Pool 3 - St Lucia - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada
    Pool 4 - Jamaica - West Indies, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Ireland
Logically looking at the list, seems all groups are easy for the top eight test playing countries. I'd be surprised if Kenya, Bangladesh or Zimbabwe end up winning two games. The first round is just the politically correct, though controversial ICC move to keep trying and expand reach of cricket in all corners of the world. The real contest will start from second round/q.finals/super 8's (or whatever you call it).
 

·
STL4LIFE
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
that is a pool Pakistan can easily go 4-0, I'm just curious who the new captian will be, this squad will boast a better batting lineup with some rejuvanted faces and new ones as well the reliable Shaiob Malik.

myearly projection

1 Butt
2. Afridi
3. Malik
4. Youhana
5. Razzaq
6. Hameed
7. Akmal
8. Kaneria
9. Bowler

1-5 you have Power 6-8 you have potential
 

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
Joined
·
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pakistan can go 4-0? You meant to say we're gonna beat ourselves too :wink:

Who will be the Captain? Come on yaar, Inzi is the Man. He's gradually becoming courageous leader. I mean he does hesitate to take risk but I think he'll be better captain come World Cup event.

..and you don't have Inzamam in your projection? Come on..that's like taking out Javed Miandad from an important series.

My World Cup lineup for Pakistan would be:

1. Salman Butt
2. Shahid Afridi
3. Yousuf Youhana
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
5. Shoaib Malik
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Kamran Akmal
8. Danesh Kaneria
9. Shoaib Akhtar
10. Mohammad Sami
11. Rana Naveed Hassan

12th man - Yasir Hameed/Younis Khan
 

·
STL4LIFE
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
Lynx said:
Pakistan can go 4-0? You meant to say we're gonna beat ourselves too :wink:

Who will be the Captain? Come on yaar, Inzi is the Man. He's gradually becoming courageous leader. I mean he does hesitate to take risk but I think he'll be better captain come World Cup event.

..and you don't have Inzamam in your projection? Come on..that's like taking out Javed Miandad from an important series.

My World Cup lineup for Pakistan would be:

1. Salman Butt
2. Shahid Afridi
3. Yousuf Youhana
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
5. Shoaib Malik
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Kamran Akmal
8. Danesh Kaneria
9. Shoaib Akhtar
10. Mohammad Sami
11. Rana Naveed Hassan

12th man - Yasir Hameed/Younis Khan
oy inzi said he will not play in the world cup, he stunk as a captian the last cup, toke bribes in both 99 & 03

its time some like Youhana or Malik get the C.
His fielding stragies have been weak but have improved from pathatic to medicore.

Yes he hasa big bat but if he decides to return for the 07 cup put im in the middle of the order that eay u got good insurance.
 

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
Joined
·
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Junkyard Dog13 said:
oy inzi said he will not play in the world cup, he stunk as a captian the last cup, toke bribes in both 99 & 03
He took bribes? :rofl: and :krazy: at the same time. :laugh: '03 WC was his only bad performance of his career.

its time some like Youhana or Malik get the C.
His fielding stragies have been weak but have improved from pathatic to medicore.
..well to be honest, he's been winning games as of late.

Yes he hasa big bat but if he decides to return for the 07 cup put im in the middle of the order that eay u got good insurance.
Can you post a valid link with Inzi's quote that he isn't going to play in 07 World Cup? I have never heard of this until you said.
 

·
STL4LIFE
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
Lynx said:
He took bribes? :rofl: and :krazy: at the same time. :laugh: '03 WC was his only bad performance of his career.



..well to be honest, he's been winning games as of late.



Can you post a valid link with Inzi's quote that he isn't going to play in 07 World Cup? I have never heard of this until you said.

do u remember what they did outside his house in multan they burned tires on his house tossed rocks afdter the 99 loss.

I dont have a link I heard it on PTV after the 03 world cup.
 

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
Joined
·
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No. I didn't and I don't believe a word of PTV. Puhleeseeeeee.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top