Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
darlets said:
top 15 crunch time performers

Tyson at 10, Gordon at 12. Gordons the only rookie to make the list
Wow, that is incredibly freaking impressive, seriously.

IMO that gives you a glimpse into who the future "stars" of the team are going to be. The players who get remembered are the ones who do it in the clutch, and this tells you that Tyson and Gordon are two of the best. People remember who hits the big shot or blocks the big shot or grabs the rebound that wins the game.

Do that in the playoffs, that's what makes a star.

Not what any of us think right now, our minds will be made up for us.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
In the last 2 minutes and OT of games, Tyson is 2nd to KG in rebounds, and tied with Wade for the most blocks. Shooting 50% from the field and 73.7% from the line. He only has 5 TO but he doesn't handle the ball a lot in the final 2 minutes.

Impressive.

LOL, Ben only 2 Crunch Time assists all year going into tonight's game. That's a good thing, though, right?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
With last night's game added to the totals, Tyson is now tied for 5th in the NBA in the Crunch Time standings.

Wade
KG
Dirk
Damon Jones
t- Tyson
t- Ray Allen

http://www.nba.com/features/nestle/crunch_time_stat.html

That, my friends, is some pretty freaking impressive company Tyson is hanging out with.

And screw all of you guys, it's too late to jump on the bandwagon, I am the one and only Tysonite on this board and I'm not sharing dammit!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Impressive.

Tyson and Ben together make us one of the Best Crunch time team around!!!

Mavs have Dirk and Terry , and Heat have 3 in top 15 wade,Jones and Jones

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I feel like if a game is close in the 4th, it's ours. It seems like the bulls always step up with the tough D and execute well on the offensive end during crunch time.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other things people forget is eddy tends to go nuts in the first quarter, it's like eddy sets them up for the knock out punch. Getting the front court in foul trouble and forcing people to sag off their player to help.

I think it really screws with the opposition that we switch from inside out to outside in at the half (curry carries the offensive for the first half and gordon the second)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts