Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or are some of the elite teams big cry babies when they got knocked out? Italy gets beat, and the coach says Italy SHOULD'VE been the team to advance... it's all the bad ref's fault. Argentina did the same.

note to elite teams that lost:

IT'S A SPORT DUDE!! UPSETS HAPPEN, AND YOU GOT BEAT!!!

If the games were only played on paper, then yeah Italy, you get to win and advance. Like someone else said, "If the games were only played on paper, then Brasil would have 14 WC's instead of 4."

Crybabies....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mongolmike I couldn't agree more with you!

These Italians are so overaggerating everything! I really thought the ref was one of the best on this WC, and I am very serious (this isn't to start controversy or something!). The goal that wasn't allowed, well that's the fault of the assistent referee and not of the referee himself and I still think that the Totti deserved the card. Maybe it was a bit harsh, but these Italians have to look in the mirror and see that they have an excellent attacking force but you cannot use them optimal when you play such defense soccer.

And about Ahn: he even can't go back to Perugia, cuz he eliminated Italy. Man, Italians you sukk!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
The officiating has been the worst in years in this year's Cup.

Against Croatia, Italy had two goals called back for offsides when it shouldn't have been. Italy also had goals called back for unnecessary offsides in a few of their previous games.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't argue

with you Georgia that the Italians had some bad calls made against them, but no game is perfecly called. And like BigEasy said, Totti is the biggest flop artist - just like the boy who cried "WOLF!". He flopped so many times, when he actually DID get fouled, the refs thought he flopped.

And you can't tell me that the Italians weren't playing dirty.... elbows in the face, elbows in the head, etc. Bunch of babies. I didn't mind the Italian team before, but now they are on my "I Don't like em'" list. Whaaaa, the refs robbed us.... like BigEasy said, they really need to look in the mirror and get back to playing football. The WC isn't handed out to the prettiest team, or the team with the most past success... and that is what the Italians wanted. Good for Korea.

By the way, France and Portugal are very similiar.... they thought they could advance on their reputations. I am glad the rest of the world is catching up to the elite teams, because in the future, it will force the French, and Italians, etc. to get back to professional football, and that WILL make future WC's even better and more exciting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I totally agree with you Mongolmike. Indeed the Portugese and the French were also complaining, what the hell! If they just played like they used to do, than they would have advanced to the next round. They had to play with more heart but just like the Dutch NT they don't have any heart!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can only hope

that the Germans also do not play with heart tomorrow.... my hope is that they inwardly think that they will have no trouble with the US, and we can get some quick scores...

As for Brasil and England, I just don't see Brasil NOT ready to play.... England will have a massively difficult time I think, (as will the USA).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I certainly hope that the Germans will underestimate the USA. Is clint Mathis already playing again? Cuz they will need him and McBride to stand a chance against the well organised Germans and I hope the defence could take the hits that guys like Klose and Jancker will give them. GO USA!

I think it will be a difficult game for Brasil. I hope they win (cuz I have always been a big fan of Ronaldo. He started his European career at PSV!), but the defence of Brasil isn't very reliable, so I am afraid that the English will win with a score like 1-0 or 2-1. But the biggest chance is that it will be decided with a golden goal or even penalties.

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Cry Babies???

Wouldn't everyone in America be a cry baby if they would lose in Basketball to Libya, or Egypt or someone like that, if they would lose to a team that doesn't play basketball much, and that doesn't have all the great players like the NBA does, wouldn't you be mad and make some statments like that??? I know I would.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Once every four years the whole world turns against Italy... at least that is what the Italians want you to be believe. It's no secret that Italians have no heart. Look at their performances in war. It's atrickle down effect to soccer, I tells ya!

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I don't think Germany will underestimate the US. If anything they will come out and play harder because they haven't gotten the respect they deserve. I mean, a lot of people are actually picking the US to win....

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I still can't believe that Italy has lost!!! Can you imagine to have those kind of players and still lose???

Well now I have seen everything.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, but

The_Truth, you say wouldn't every american cry if in basketball they lost, etc., etc., well, when the men's basketball team got beat by the Russians (in 1972 Olympics?), when the ref made terrible calls and they replayed the last few seconds, the USA DIDNOT try to sue the Olympics like the Italians are doing.

Sure, people like you and I would complain, but would our government be leading the charge?

Most of the Italians feel it is their ordained right to advance past "lesser" teams... well, it didn't happen that way, and they are crying like little b*tches. Plus, your analogy of the USA losing to a poor team that has no good players doesn't hold for what happen with Korea/Italy. The Korean team has shown that in this WC, they are a formidable team, whether you or the Italians want to hear it or not.

And I agree with what Shaq's Big Toe said, every 4 years the world turns against the Italians... or so they want everyone to think. I'm glad they are out, and the French Frys too. Cry babies.

This WC is a HUGE wake-up call to the premier teams that they no longer have exclusive rights to the WC. Teams from Africa, Asia, and GOD FORBID - the USA, are all vastly improved/improving teams with better players, coaches, facilities, starter leagues, $ backing, etc. The elite teams need to face this, and make further improvements themselves, whether in attitude, or personnel, or even by keeping other countries players out of their premier leagues. Mexico is finally realizing this, and I bet you see much FEWER friendlies between Mexico and the USA, and virtually no American player will be welcome in the Mexican Leagues.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: yeah, but

Originally posted by Mongolmike
The_Truth, you say wouldn't every american cry if in basketball they lost, etc., etc., well, when the men's basketball team got beat by the Russians (in 1972 Olympics?), when the ref made terrible calls and they replayed the last few seconds, the USA DIDNOT try to sue the Olympics like the Italians are doing.

Sure, people like you and I would complain, but would our government be leading the charge?
Wasn't Russia a good team-Also didn't the U.S college players play in those olympics?

Another thing about the '72 olympics, and the '02 world cup is that fans, the players, and even the country are much more competative, they want win. If I had a fantasy soccer team like the Italians do in Real life I would be more then happy.

But I do agree with you, once a government starts to lead a charge everything crosses the line and Fifa should do something about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts