Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this, thought you might be interested...

Don't know for sure how true is it.

Boston Celtics: The Celtics do not have a lot of pieces they want to move, but they have been talking with a number of teams. Players mentioned as obtainable are Chris Mihm and Raef LaFrentz, but neither hold much appeal. The C’s apparently have interest in Orlando’s Juwan Howard, and may have made an offer this week including Chris Mihm; sources could not confirm the exact nature of the deal, only to say Boston is talking. Who’s Interested? The Magic seem interested in offloading Juwan Howard, so a deal bringing in a big man for Howard may be appealing to the struggling Magic.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_6924.shtml

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm sure this is being floated by David Falk, who wants his client out of Orlando. It will never happen. Juwan would pick up right away on the C's defensive schemes lol lol.

Ainge might be interested in Giricek, but he certainly won't give up Mihm to get him. He might give up Mihm for Giricek and Drew Gooden.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
I'm sure this is being floated by David Falk, who wants his client out of Orlando. It will never happen. Juwan would pick up right away on the C's defensive schemes lol lol.

Ainge might be interested in Giricek, but he certainly won't give up Mihm to get him. He might give up Mihm for Giricek and Drew Gooden.
Im up for that trade, gooden shouldnt be coming off the bench in this league, and Giricek would be solid off the bench for us at sg/sf. But who else do you think they would put in for us... Mills maybe, if we are lucky Jones.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!
Rumors=99% of the time not true.

And why would we trade away Mihm if he's doing very well?

Exactly.
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Danny Ainge's prize possesion Raef Lafrentz on the block?
I can't see any team being dumb enough to trade for Raef "Always hurt and over paid" Lafrentz.
Sorry Danny I think your stuck with that mistake for the next 4 or so years.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Um, this makes no sense to me, first of all MOST of the Celtics should be available but Chris Mihm isn't one of them. If OB ever gives him consistent time I think he could be a real force for us. If people are being shopped again these are the ones I could see going Raef, Mike Stewart, Walter, Mike James, Mark Blount, Jumaine Jones, Vin Baker, Chris Mills. The only guys I can see them really wanting to hang onto right now are Peirce, Welsch, Davis, Banks, Perkins, Hunter (I'm not even sure if they really want to keep him though either) and Mihm.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Horrible rumor! I wouldn't pick up Howard because he's too inconsistent first of all, and he's too expensive. Now his career numbers are good but Juwan Howard has always been an offensive player. I want a guy that can really guarantee 10+ rebounds and play mean defense.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What were the C's fans impressions of Kedrick Brown. Cavs fans really like how this guy defends and hit the 3 point shot. He is going to get more pine time with LeBron back and Jeff Mcinnis playing point. However, he is a quit fan favorite as he seems to want to play within the system. No shots at R Davis in this post, but the Cavs need someone willing to buy in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
some of us liked him, very athletic ect.. but others pointed out that he often looked lost and refused to drive to the hoop. If he gets the mental game, he certainly has the physical to go far

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballin</b>!
some of us liked him, very athletic ect.. but others pointed out that he often looked lost and refused to drive to the hoop. If he gets the mental game, he certainly has the physical to go far
Kedrick Brown never refused to drive to the hoop. O'Brien kept him at the 3 point line, took him out of games when he started to get some rythem and that was when he was allowed to play at all.
He needed a real coach and a real owner and got both.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Kedrick Brown will never be more than a role player. He is extremly gifted athletically and he can totally shut down a man on defense but his offensive game is suspect at best, basically he doesn't have one, he's timid and he does not rebound well either. His defense makes him worth keeping around though, when you play a team with a one man superstar.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
Kedrick Brown will never be more than a role player. He is extremly gifted athletically and he can totally shut down a man on defense but his offensive game is suspect at best, basically he doesn't have one, he's timid and he does not rebound well either. His defense makes him worth keeping around though, when you play a team with a one man superstar.
I would disagree that he doesn't rebound well. I think he does when given the chance. The guy makes up for his height by his leaping ability. I've seen him grab rebounds away from guys much taller than him. He just needs to learn to box out better.

I also think he can work on his timidness on offense. In the summer league, he wasn't timid at all on offense because he knew he could take the guys he was playing against. If he gets the confidence against the better NBA competition, he can get better. I think OB got him nervous about taking shots because he kept missing all those threes. Once he stepped inside the arc, he was much more accurate. But of course, with OB, if you don't take threes, then you don't get to play.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I said this when Kedrick was with the Celtics. The way to make him an allstar is to fine him $5,000 every time he takes a three point shot. Tell him that he's free to pull up for a mid range jumper or take it to the rack anytime he wants.

I'd also tell him to get his butt on the offensive boards. Each time he stood out on the perimiter and watched the trajectory of the ball instead of crashing the offensive glass, it would cost him another 5 grand. A 45-inch vertical leap is completely wasted 20 feet from the basket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts