Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since the surprising Knick/Spurs deadline deal took place, and while I've been trying to follow Rose's performance as much as I can, I still don't really know how he's doing. I think everyone can agree that he's not worth what he's being paid, but my opinion on him was that he's a solid "big" man off the bench, who actually has enough talent to start, but not enough height.

So, what are your thoughts on him so far? Is he better than fellow reserve forwards Jerome Williams and Maurice Taylor? Has he actually been helping the team or is he just going through the motions?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am studying in Edinburgh, so I cannot give you a 1st hand account of how he has been playing, but through 2nd hand descriptions and viewing of box scores, I would say that Malik has been a welcome addition. He has been the first big man off the bench for the Knicks and has a couple spot starts.

He is a superior player in comparison to Taylor/JYD and I would say your characterization of him having the talent, but not the height is accurate.

Another thing I have heard about is his leadership capability. Believe it or not the Knicks didn't really have a leader before Rose arrived. Marbury has the talent, but is too moody. Kurt Thomas has the desire, but comes off as belligerant. Rose seems to have instant credibility among the team. Someone who's opinion I trust told me that it is the first time all season he has seen a leader on the floor.

I am usually very pessimistic in regards to the Knicks, but Malik Rose is one of the few aspects of the team I am high on. He seems like the perfect role player on a title contender (which the Knicks obviously are not). His contract is burdensome, but that isn't really an issue for a team like the Knicks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts