Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the first round, we have a three round mock here:
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Mock/2006/round1.shtml

Since it's from Nov. 11 the order isn't quite right, we will try to update it soon with the newest order.

1. Green Bay-Reggie Bush-RB-USC
2. Texans-D’Brickashaw Ferguson-T-Virginia
3. Titans-Matt Leinhart-QB-USC
4. Saints-A.J. Hawk-OLB-Ohio State
5. Jets-Laurence Maroney-RB-Minnesota
6. Ravens-Marcus McNeil-OT-Auburn
7. 49ers-Ahmad Brooks-OLB-Virginia
8. Cardinals-Mathias Kiwanuka-DE-Boston College
9. Lions-Jonathan Scott
10. Dolphins-Mario Williams-DE-North Carolina State
11. Vikings-DeAngelo Williams-RB-Memphis
12. Browns-Rod Wright-DT-Texas
13. Bills-Winston Justice-OT-USC
14. Raiders-Chad Greenway-OLB-Iowa
15. Rams-Jimmy Williams-CB-Virginia Tech
16. Patriots-Charles Gordon-CB-Kansas
17. Eagles-Max Jean Gilles-OG-Georgia
18. Chargers-Santonio Holmes-WR-Ohio State
19. Bears-Cedric Griffin-CB-Texas
20. Buccaneers-Jesse Mahelona-DT-Tennessee
21. Jaguars-Andrew Whitworth-OT-LSU
22. Chiefs-Derek Hagan-WR-Arizona State
23. Cowboys-Joe Thomas-OT-Wisconsin
24. Broncos-Mercedes Lewis-TE-UCLA
25. Panthers-Bobby Carpenter-OLB-Ohio State
26. Falcons-Darnell Bing-S-USC
27. Steelers-Haloti Ngata-DT-Oregon
28. Seahawks-LaMar Woodley-OLB-Michigan
29. Broncos-Manny Lawson-DE-North Carolina State
30. Giants-Jason Avant-WR-Michigan
31. Bengals-Greg Eslinger-C-Minnesota
32. Colts-Alan Zemaitis-CB-Penn State

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
There is no chance Brooks is top 10 right now. He has finally been exposed (to people outside of the ACC - who already knew) as all hype and not much else. He needs to go to school for another year.

Also, Hali no 1st round?

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Wink said:
If every single WR is still on the board I can't see Philly passing on all of them to take a guard.
No, I think the Eagles will definitely address the O-Line with their first rounder. Runyan's contract is up after this year, Tra Thomas is up there in years, and they have a ton of unproven guys left. I'd rather get an OT, and keep Shawn Andrews on the inside.. but if Max Jean-Gilles is the best on the board I'm fine with it.

I just know I don't want Artis Hicks starting at tackle, I might be all right with Todd Herremans, he has the rest of the season to prove how good he is and will be next season. Besides that this team has no depth on the line.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Coatesvillain said:
No, I think the Eagles will definitely address the O-Line with their first rounder. Runyan's contract is up after this year, Tra Thomas is up there in years, and they have a ton of unproven guys left. I'd rather get an OT, and keep Shawn Andrews on the inside.. but if Max Jean-Gilles is the best on the board I'm fine with it.

I just know I don't want Artis Hicks starting at tackle, I might be all right with Todd Herremans, he has the rest of the season to prove how good he is and will be next season. Besides that this team has no depth on the line.

Plus, the WR class this year sucks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
sMaK said:
Plus, the WR class this year sucks.

Yeah, I really like Derek Hagan, but besides that not too thrilled with it. I also think DeAngelo Williams will be a better RB because he is an everydown back gaining tons of yards on a bad team. Where as Reggie bush splits carries with Lindale White, who gains all the tough yards inside. However, Reggie Bush can do so many things on offense and special teams with his athletiscm that he is still worth a top ten pick.

With the Cardinals having both Bertrand Berry and chike Okeafor locked up to long term deals I Dont see them Drafting a DE. If they go defense, it will be Jimmy williams, or one of the two LBs Demaco Ryans or A.J Hawk. What the cards really need is a OT, but outside Ferguson, There really isnt one worth picking there. A route they could go that would be interesting that they might pick is Mercedes Lewis or the TE out of Maryland, since TE is also a glaring weakness. However, If Brady Quinn comes out this year, the cardinals should pick him. He has everything you want in a QB and is being taught by a great coach in Charlie Weis.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
netsgiants said:
is Jeff Samardzija comin out this year? He's a hell of a player.
As i understand it he is equally impressive as a baseball pitcher and it is still up in the air what he is going to try and play professionally.

Where do you have Vince Young in your mocks? I could not find him for this year or next...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shyFX325 said:
As i understand it he is equally impressive as a baseball pitcher and it is still up in the air what he is going to try and play professionally.

Where do you have Vince Young in your mocks? I could not find him for this year or next...
We originally had him in the 2006, but then we updated the 2006 and not the 2007, in between those updates Young was taken out of the 2006, he'll be in the 2007 the next time that is updated.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
froggyvk said:
We as a staff at NFLDraftForecast.com feel that Young's game better translates as a WR in the Pros.

Article: Vince Young's True Position?
He's said it himself when he was asked about be coming a WR in the NFL.. He said he is always going to be a QB. After this year he's shown he can throw the ball too so I don't know why you'd still think that.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
stevemc said:
He's said it himself when he was asked about be coming a WR in the NFL.. He said he is always going to be a QB. After this year he's shown he can throw the ball too so I don't know why you'd still think that.
I'm sure Cowher can convince him ;)

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
froggyvk said:
We as a staff at NFLDraftForecast.com feel that Young's game better translates as a WR in the Pros.

Article: Vince Young's True Position?
Yeah, I saw that site about a month ago and HIGHLY disagree with that. His game does not translate to the NFL as WR. He's not fast enough to be a WR. Most of his runs are designed runs more than broken down runs like Michael Vick(and when saw Vick run you saw how quick he is just by dropping back). Vince's long stride won't be effective enough in the NFL to be a WR. So, he knows he's gonna have to be more of a pocket QB in the NFL. I think he can be more of a rich man's Randall Cunningham. This yr, he's proven he can play QB in the NFL with the throws he made, he's even gotten better accuracy this yr. Just need some work on some things which is good he's coming back

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
No Vernon Davis or Dqwell Jackson in the first round?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CP26 said:
No Vernon Davis or Dqwell Jackson in the first round?
The mock was made while Vernon Davis was just becoming better known and as a big-time TE prospect, also since he is a junior we were not sure if he would come out, so we didn't include him, but I would guess he'll be in the first round of our next mock. ;)

And Dqwell Jackson may have hurt his stock by returning to school, he may not be a first round prospect at this point - more likely 2nd to 3rd round.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts