Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now the Blazers are on a bit of a slide. They've lost two games in a row. One against the Heat in OT, and one against the Knicks. I wasn't expecting the Blazers to beat the Heat, but I was expecting them to beat the Knicks. The Blazers had already beat the Knicks this season in NYC. However I realized later that Brandon Roy was playing for us at that point. And B Roy had a nice game. Blazers are still missing that go to guy that plays the wing. I really like Batum and Matthews, but both guys are on a tier below a healthy Brandon Roy. Blazers record is 20-19. For all the injuries again this year, and much lighter roster in talent, Blazers are hanging tough. I really hope Portland gets a W in Phoenix to halt this losing streak.

After Phoenix, Blazers have Jersey, Minny, Sactown, and the Clip show. All very winnable games.

Chime in with your thoughts about the Blazers current state, and future here.

Also Knicks look a lot better now than they did early on in the year. NY is a solid team.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Ya, NY played well and I think we did have a hangover from the Heat loss.

I think the Blazers have righted the ship and look forward to some wins in the next few games. The Suns just got blasted so you know they are going to come out strong, kind of like NY did after getting beat in the game before they played us. Just depends if Portland has their focus and intensity back. It's really a bummer they loss that Heat game because I think the confidence from that win would have carried them on a long winning streat. It would have almost been better to lose big rather than the way they did.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, NY played well and I think we did have a hangover from the Heat loss.

I think the Blazers have righted the ship and look forward to some wins in the next few games. The Suns just got blasted so you know they are going to come out strong, kind of like NY did after getting beat in the game before they played us. Just depends if Portland has their focus and intensity back. It's really a bummer they loss that Heat game because I think the confidence from that win would have carried them on a long winning streat. It would have almost been better to lose big rather than the way they did.
Back on the winning way! We play the Clippers tonight, I really hope we smoke them. LA an all star over Blake Griffin ? Not sure, but I think LA does more with less talent (team wise).

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Back on the winning way! We play the Clippers tonight, I really hope we smoke them. LA an all star over Blake Griffin ? Not sure, but I think LA does more with less talent (team wise).
I think LA's D sets him apart from Blake.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think LA's D sets him apart from Blake.
Both players played well last night, but I would take LA's performance over Griffin. It was interesting seeing how height is a problem for Griffin to defend. LA and the entire Blazers were solid last night, and it was good seeing them close out all the quarters strongly.

Next up Pacers.

Go Blazers!

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another good win for the Blazers. Portland beats the Pacers at the RG. Five games above 500. Feels great right now in Portland.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Good win, but after Kings it gets tough.

Hurt my shoulder again so have to use mouse to type. Will reply to other posts when better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts