Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a hurry to see Curry realise his potential. Sometimes he just seems lazy and out of shape on the court. He's always slow on the defensive rotation, picking up stupid fouls. The guy just doesn't seem to show much heart. Also, he has no post moves. He basically gets the ball and chucks up weird looking hook shots and go in once in a while. When he's not doing that he tries to be Shaq and just picks up offensive fouls. I hope LB can make him a smarter player cuz otherwise i think Frye is a much more versitile center. Frye has moves and finesse and is athletic enough to get blocks on the defensive rotation. Plus Frye and Curry are the same age so its not like Curry has a lot of experience over Frye. Give Channing the start Larry!

·
Registered
34 Posts
channing frye has amazing potential....but giving him the start over curry is not smart.....curry might have some problems in his game but thats y larry brown is there to fix those problems and frye mite have some good moves but he is def not the inside presence eddy curry is

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he's such an inside presence isn't it smarter not to give him the start so that we can save him for when the game matters. If he has 5 fouls at the beginning of the 4th quarter he's not going to be much of an asset to the team.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If i'm not mistaken Curry has the same kind of heart problem Z Rebraca has. He found out about it when he was in detroit. From what I recall one of the many symptoms is that it makes you laxidazical some days, and you are completely fine other days. This may be why you are seeing a disparity in the effort he gives on a night-night basis. Of course he may have something completely diff and I may be completely wrong. Just a thought.

·
Registered
480 Posts
if a heart is the same thing as a right calf muscle than ok

·
Registered
34 Posts
and thats wut larry brown has to work on wiht him trying to keep him out of foul trouble....u cant jus give up on a player and bench him 3 weeks into the season

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
KnickerBockers03 said:
and thats wut larry brown has to work on wiht him trying to keep him out of foul trouble....u cant jus give up on a player and bench him 3 weeks into the season
Curry has got to cut down on the fouls and learn to pass out of the doubleteam..Hes averaging .3 assists per game

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hi:

I have been following Curry's career since he joined the Bulls. While I hated to see him leave the Bulls, I had some of the same issues Chinatownballer raised. What Chinatownballer may not have realized is that Curry's present play is still way ahead of what we was like when he came into the league. He may still be late on his rotations, etc., but at least he has a clue where to rotate in a given situation. The real question is how well Larry Brown can motivate Curry to continue his slow progress. Curry always seemed to be a "good guy" who wanted to succeed, but just didn't always seem to have the drive to do the work in the off season and regular season.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, Curry does deserve some credit for the extra defensive effort he's given so far this year. He's averaging a career high is rebounds and is having a huge year in blocks. But even still, i think as far as maturity and decision making at the center position i'd go with Frye, even though Curry has the a much more dominant inside presence in terms of drawing fouls and double teams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts