Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sportsstory.asp?id=33145

The most exuberant celebrations were reserved for Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler, who suffered through three miserable seasons together after joining the Bulls in 2001.

Chandler was the star Saturday, producing 21 rebounds and 18 points. Curry, still sidelined because of an irregular heartbeat, watched from a suite in the United Center and descended to the locker room in time to join the playoff-clinching party.

“A big part of the celebration is because of him,” Chandler said. “We could sit here and hug and shed a tear together after all the stuff we’ve been through. I think it means a lot more that we shared something together.”

Curry disappeared before the media was allowed in the locker room. Chandler said he didn’t even ask Curry if he plans to be back for the playoffs.

“His (butt) better be back,” Chandler said.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
i :love: chandler!

so full of beans, as grandma used to say.

the teasing comment in the other article about eddy being out of shape after 24 hours had me laughing out loud.

glad eddy could at least share somewhat in the celebration. wouldn't be there without him. and while it is impossible to read someones mind while looking at the expression on his face, it seemed to me when they showed him in the skybox right before the half, he looked a little wistful, a bit melancholy. i think eddy really really wants to get back out on the court. i hope and pray he isn't done for the season and can help lead the bulls to playoff glory.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Nice to hear that Eddy was with the team celebrating, now let's get him well and back on the court.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I dont get all this Eddy stuff, escaping the media, dont answering calls, etc. Whats the deal? Im not saying he should say things he doesnt want to, but you can still comunicate with fans and share thoughts on this special moment for the Bulls.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
El Chapu said:
I dont get all this Eddy stuff, escaping the media, dont answering calls, etc. Whats the deal? Im not saying he should say things he doesnt want to, but you can still comunicate with fans and share thoughts on this special moment for the Bulls.

Well if he were to talk to the media, you can guess the questions about his condition will far outweigh any other questions.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
UMfan83 said:
Well if he were to talk to the media, you can guess the questions about his condition will far outweigh any other questions.
And he sure can avoid those questions, same as Paxson does.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
El Chapu said:
i don't think the avoidance is so much strange as it provides insight. i'm not sure i would expect eddy to meet the media, but i found it found it telling that he had not talked to teammates by mid week. he must just be very close and committed to his family. not a bad thing, just a little different.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
such sweet thunder said:
i don't think the avoidance is so much strange as it provides insight. i'm not sure i would expect eddy to meet the media, but i found it found it telling that he had not talked to teammates by mid week. he must just be very close and committed to his family. not a bad thing, just a little different.
Well, I feel different about the whole situation. What Eddy is doing isnt wrong, but there are many ways to handle things I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts