Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

curry of last season emerges again?

1K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  TomBoerwinkle#1 
#1 ·
like him or not,curry was dominant in tonight's game vs the blazers. is he finally in shape? just like last sesaon, he played a horrible first half and came out storming the second half of the season, is tonight's night an indication of whats coming ?

#3 ·
He's played like that at times all year. It's just tonight he got better minutes and the bulls did a better job of feeding him the ball in the post. Sometimes our perimeter guys fall in love with the high screen and roll and forget they have Curry down on the block.

I think the best play in the book is to clear out a side and have Crawford dump the ball into Curry. Crawford is really good at post entry passes into his buddy. I would say he is the best at it. Pippen is the next best. But it is a pretty distant next best.

#5 ·
9th in the league at field goal percentage.

1. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers) 203 369 .550
2. Nenê (Denver Nuggets) 185 344 .538
3. Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers) 221 416 .531
3. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets) 275 518 .531
5. Antawn Jamison (Dallas Mavericks) 291 558 .522
6. Brad Miller (Sacramento Kings) 239 466 .513
7. Erick Dampier (Golden State Warriors) 202 395 .511
8. Carlos Boozer (Cleveland Cavaliers) 223 441 .506
9. Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls) 193 382 .505
10. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) 394 790 .499

2 former bulls up there. and wasn't boozer picked right after lonny b.?

#6 ·
I want him to be averging 25 ppg in the second half and at least 5 rebounds whould be nice but see when he is scoring that this offseason he will have tons of work and if hes lazy and not do it skiles will make him do it. **** ill make him do it :devil:

Next year will be the year to bad we got a very hard scedule if we didnt then we chould make a late playoff run but i want emaka or at least deng.

#11 ·
Re: c'mon

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
one bad game and he should be traded, one decent game (27 points but only 7 reb. 3TO.) and he's a superstar c'mon bulls fan be realistic the last week you said "he's inmature he should be traded"
Very true...

The same thing happens with Jamal...

I'm glad someone else sees this, I thought I was the only one...

#12 ·
Re: c'mon

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
one bad game and he should be traded, one decent game (27 points but only 7 reb. 3TO.) and he's a superstar c'mon bulls fan be realistic the last week you said "he's inmature he should be traded"
i've never said he should be traded ...its in my mind to abort long term plans half way in ...because it never works out when you do

#13 ·
Well this is what you expect from a 21 year old. He will be up and down. The bigger problem is for most of the year he has had to play with a lineup with other young players. This is JK fault. Young players do best when they play with veterans. I mean there are some games when we can't even make the entry pass into eddy or he gets the ball 17 feet from the basket.

We are all going to have to wait until we c,c,and c grow up. And that will not be until next year at the earlist.

david

#14 ·
Originally posted by <b>giusd</b>!
Well this is what you expect from a 21 year old. He will be up and down. The bigger problem is for most of the year he has had to play with a lineup with other young players. This is JK fault. Young players do best when they play with veterans. I mean there are some games when we can't even make the entry pass into eddy or he gets the ball 17 feet from the basket.

We are all going to have to wait until we c,c,and c grow up. And that will not be until next year at the earlist.

david
that is not an excuse they have some young players but they also have their share of vets if anything the main flaw is not having enough players in their pyhsical and skill wise prime

they have 2 ...robinson whom they play occasionally fizer and dont play him

the bulls had an offseason to bring in players in their mid to late 20's and chose to go old in gill, blount pippen and very young in linton johnson

and later theyr brought in jyd and an ancient antonio davis

the 4 young core players in the 3C's and kirk are not a problem there are plenty of teams doing well with 4 young players on them getting time ,denver comes to mind and the players in their prime are andre miller and camby

cleveland is winning more now to with a core even younger than the bulls and their youth is suplimented with big Z as a player in his prime they can play off of

#15 ·
Originally posted by <b>giusd</b>!

david
Which is why I say we should have out there...

KH
JC
TC
EC

Most of the time....

Just let these guys play, and we will be better next year.

#16 ·
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!

that is not an excuse they have some young players but they also have their share of vets if anything the main flaw is not having enough players in their pyhsical and skill wise prime

they have 2 ...robinson whom they play occasionally fizer and dont play him

the bulls had an offseason to bring in players in their mid to late 20's and chose to go old in gill, blount pippen and very young in linton johnson

and later theyr brought in jyd and an ancient antonio davis

the 4 young core players in the 3C's and kirk are not a problem there are plenty of teams doing well with 4 young players on them getting time ,denver comes to mind and the players in their prime are andre miller and camby

cleveland is winning more now to with a core even younger than the bulls and their youth is suplimented with big Z as a player in his prime they can play off of
I think that's more or less been our problem for the last five years. Our team has always been made up of two groups: Young players who aren't ready to carry the team on their own, and a bunch of washed up old fogies, who were has been's, or never was's. And as a result, we're either playing all of our kids at once, before they are ready, and trying to develop too many of them at one time, to the point where we never really develop any one of them effectively, or we sit them, to allow them to grow, and in the meantime, watch a bunch no-talent wash-ups get their lunches handed to them. Which is why this team is constanty spinning in its little wheel, and can never come to any sort of definitive conclusion about the future of this team.

Neither one of those options is a very effective way to build a contender, and they have both led to the same results: ugly, losing basketball that breeds a losing atmosphere.

In the last five years, this team has never had a solid group of youthful veterans in their prime that could win games, which has probably been the biggest impediment since our rebuilding has begun.

What's even sadder, is that the closest we ever came to having that group of players who were ready to contribute was when we had Brad, Ron, and Ron, and we traded them away for a ballhogging, megalomaniac primadonna.

#17 ·
Originally posted by <b>rosenthall</b>!

I think that's more or less been our problem for the last five years. Our team has always been made up of two groups: Young players who aren't ready to carry the team on their own, and a bunch of washed up old fogies, who were has been's, or never was's. And as a result, we're either playing all of our kids at once, before they are ready, and trying to develop too many of them at one time, to the point where we never really develop any one of them effectively, or we sit them, to allow them to grow, and in the meantime, watch a bunch no-talent wash-ups get their lunches handed to them. Which is why this team is constanty spinning in its little wheel, and can never come to any sort of definitive conclusion about the future of this team.

Neither one of those options is a very effective way to build a contender, and they have both led to the same results: ugly, losing basketball that breeds a losing atmosphere.

In the last five years, this team has never had a solid group of youthful veterans in their prime that could win games, which has probably been the biggest impediment since our rebuilding has begun.

What's even sadder, is that the closest we ever came to having that group of players who were ready to contribute was when we had Brad, Ron, and Ron, and we traded them away for a ballhogging, megalomaniac primadonna.
the ages of ron and brand are the biggest reasons to wait a year ...how good were this duo right before they were traded at the age of 22/...they were good but weren't ready to carry a team

how good are our pair of 21 year olds ...good but not ready to carry a team

and even though those 2 had players in their prime in miller and mercer to play with ,they weren't ready...now they couldn't win games ..but if they could they would still be here right ?

if you believe in the talent of the 3C's last spring ....what is the big difference between then and now ?

what made what happened then luck and this what they are really going to be instead of the other way around?

in my mind nothing and people are just frustrated and fickle

but time will tell if the 3 can be stars and can win games and i'm guessing it wont be 2 years either it will be basically an instant in which they turn the corner

#18 · (Edited)
Generally speaking, I pretty much agree with you. One of the things this team has been guilty of, is impatience and lack of foresight with its own players. (ie. Brent Barry, Ron Artest, Elton Brand, Brad Miller).

Everyone got on Brent Barry the year we signed him, when in fact he was really a good player, but just put in a bad situation, where he couldn't succeed, and that has really been the downfall of our rebuilding efforts. For whatever reason, our management has been completely inept at building a team infrastructure that can incubate talent and atleast a partially winning atmosphere.

Teams like the Pacers and Suns have been able to put their youth in positions where they can succeed, but for some reason, we haven't been able to.

#21 ·
Very nice game by Curry, but I hope that this isn't a pattern with Curry where he struggles for this first half of the seasin and then turns it on the second half after we are out if the playoff race. Because, I'll tell you; if he does the same thing next season, then he will play himself right out of town. The reason I say this, is because it would put into question Eddy's work ethic and what he has done over the past two summers; if he has worked out and improved on his game, or whether he goofs off for most of the summer and plays himself into shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.