Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do you think that its a possibility that the Suns would pick Borchardt and play him at PF? San Antionio has proved that two 7 footers can be very deadly. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Phoenix would be better off grabbing one of the top PFs (Gooden/Wilcox/Hilario/Stoudemire).

All they need is defense and rebounding, they don't need much more scoring help. They already have Steph, JJ, Marion.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Curtis Borchardt...

That may work but he would be a reach at 9. His stock has been dropping lately because he hasn't gotten to wok out for many teams and there are still questions about his feet. He also performed poorly at the Pre-Draft Camp Physical Testing. He ranked 74 out of 83. He ranked 57th in the bench press catagory where he had to bench press 185lbs as many times as he could and he could only do it 7 times. He had a 27inch vertical leap. In the 3/4 court sprint it took him 3.63 seconds, which was last place. His lane agility was 12.56 seconds. The Suns would be better off taking Nene Hilario(2nd in testing) if available or Amare Stoudemire(12th in testing).

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Physical testing

Who was first in the testing? They'd have to be a pretty great athlete.

Curtis Borchartd is not going to be one of the next great centers or PF. He might be a good player that helps out, but he definitely won't be part of the next "Twin Towers." You need to be a good athlete to play a big position (PF,C). And clearly, he isn't that great of an athlete.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Best Athlete...

The best athlete was J.R. Bremer, 2nd was Maybyner Hilario, 3rd Tamar Slay

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Suns

You're damn right the Suns will take Stoudemire. But, the Lakers will get Woods. Again, that's what I'll keep telling myself.:D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Amare Stoudemire...

Amare's agent has said that he has gotten promises that he will be top 12.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Stoudemire

He should have gotten promises. He's a great player. He should be getting promises that he'll be top 10. If the Suns want to take him, he should be getting promises that he'll be top 9. Yeah....:cool: :D :yes: :grinning: ;) :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
NBA Draft

Don't worry Franco5, I too love the Draft :laugh:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Its possible, but i doubt they would grab Borchardt with that high of a pick. Most likely they will pick, if still available, one of the players in the draft that has already proven himself as a power forward, preferably a good rebounder. I doubt Gooden will still be available, but if it happens that he does slip that far, Pheonix should definitly grab him.

BTW, your signature is hilarious -- What movie was that from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts