Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point of this season is it necessary for Frank to start cutting down on the starter's minutes and get them rested for the playoffs. At this point it is almost certain they will be in the playoffs and possibly as Atlantic Divison champs. I doubt they can catch up with the heat record-wise, maybe they are looking to edge out the cavs. Anyways it only seems wise, to have the team rested properly for the first round of the playoffs

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
NetIncome said:
When there is NO chance of catching Miami and everyone feels Philly is done.
That time is now.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Once home court in the 1st round is locked up.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
I want a better record than the Cavs. The 3rd seed doesn't guarantee home court beyond the anymore. Wouldn't be a ***** to get to the conference finals and meet up with the Cavs and they get home court? Unlikely, but you never know.

I think the goal will be to keep the starters minutes in the mid to high 30s from here on out. Within the last week or so drop them down to the 20s. You still want the team playing well and confident heading into the postseason. Nothing can be worse than destroying their rhythm and giving them doubt before the postseason.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Netted- said:
I want a better record than the Cavs. The 3rd seed doesn't guarantee home court beyond the anymore. Wouldn't be a ***** to get to the conference finals and meet up with the Cavs and they get home court? Unlikely, but you never know.

I think the goal will be to keep the starters minutes in the mid to high 30s from here on out. Within the last week or so drop them down to the 20s. You still want the team playing well and confident heading into the postseason. Nothing can be worse than destroying their rhythm and giving them doubt before the postseason.
I agree 1st round should generally go to the top 4 seeds in particular in the East.

Detroit, Miami, Cleveland, and Nets.....I would rather play Miami in that round then Detroit....Let Cleveland take their shot at Detroit .. I think they match up better. Collins and Cliffy have to be pretty healthy to play against Shaq that will be the key to the matchup. Shaq cannot hit a FT to save his life these days.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
I agree 1st round should generally go to the top 4 seeds in particular in the East.

Detroit, Miami, Cleveland, and Nets.....I would rather play Miami in that round then Detroit....Let Cleveland take their shot at Detroit .. I think they match up better. Collins and Cliffy have to be pretty healthy to play against Shaq that will be the key to the matchup. Shaq cannot hit a FT to save his life these days.
Shaq can shot 2-50 on his FTs and still come into CAA and shoot 10-11! The guy loves those rims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.