Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Insidehoops.com, a proposed trade if the kings were to trade CWebb.

Webber to Boston for Paul Pierce and some combination of Walter McCarty, Mark Blount or Chris Mihm. Why the Kings might do it: A young, superstar-caliber shooting guard in Pierce (26 years old) plus added depth up front, where they're currently counting on some pretty marginal players. Why the Celtics might do it: What this team is doing now ain't working. Webber would be even more of a force in the Eastern Conference. Arguably the Celtics' two best players, Pierce and Ricky Davis, do more or less the same things. Bottom Line: The Kings would probably be just as good, but in a different way. They wouldn't have Webber in the post, but they'd have a great slasher in Pierce, who can post up almost any guard and is also an outside threat. McCarty, Blount and Mihm aren't great, but size counts, and Mihm is young enough to develop. This trade would help the Kings now and in the future.

Your comments?

·
Registered
800 Posts
No thanks. I dont want 31 yearold injury prone player in return!

But I will take Peja and Miller for Pierce and McCarty! It even works under the CBA!:D

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theBirdman</b>!
No thanks. I dont want 31 yearold injury prone player in return!

But I will take Peja and Miller for Pierce and McCarty! It even works under the CBA!:D
I'd do the Peja/Miller deal any day, even though I'm not a great fan of Miller, particularly since his contract goes on forever.

Bobby Jackson would look good in green, and he makes almost nothing. How about Peja, Jackson and Funderburke (expiring contract) for Pierce?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Peja/Miller

Sure, why don't they throw Bibby and Bobby Jackson in, too?

Geoff Petrie would have to be on crack.

Back to more realistic scenarios, no I would not trade Pierce for Webber.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You can keep Webber.

Injury prone and overrated.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Webber is the same caliber as Peirce star but not superstar elite like Garnett, Kobe, T-Mac or Shaq, but Webber is 5 years older and injury riddled. I think NOT. Now a trade for Peja and Brad Miller (2nd best Center in the league this year, how in the heck do you not like him) I'd love but I don't think we could get it done.
How about:
Peja & Brad
for
Peirce, McCarty, Blount and Dallas' first rounder.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
CWEBB 4 Pierce, NEVER. Because we are getting screwed.

Pierce for Peja and BJ, Never because they are getting screwed. Peja is the BEST SHOOTER in the league. I love Pierce, but the Kings wouldn't do it b/c Peja has taken that team on his shoulders this year and carried them. Dammit, if only Pierce had a supporting cast with the talent level of Christie, BJ, BiBz, Vlade, CWebb (when healthy) and Miller.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

I'd do the Peja/Miller deal any day, even though I'm not a great fan of Miller, particularly since his contract goes on forever.

Bobby Jackson would look good in green, and he makes almost nothing. How about Peja, Jackson and Funderburke (expiring contract) for Pierce?
The Kings would not do the Peja, Jackson deal..

Peja has improved to Pierce/Vince level. He is a better shooter, although Paul can drive better.

We would have to throw in Mihm or Blount and a 1st.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
Webber is the same caliber as Peirce star but not superstar elite like Garnett, Kobe, T-Mac or Shaq, but Webber is 5 years older and injury riddled. I think NOT. Now a trade for Peja and Brad Miller (2nd best Center in the league this year, how in the heck do you not like him) I'd love but I don't think we could get it done.
How about:
Peja & Brad
for
Peirce, McCarty, Blount and Dallas' first rounder.
Geoff Petroie (sp) would never do it..

How about Peja and Funderburke

for

Pierce, McCarty, and Blount

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Well, how about we just drop the whole idea.

It won't happen.

End of story..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

The Kings would not do the Peja, Jackson deal..

Peja has improved to Pierce/Vince level. He is a better shooter, although Paul can drive better.

We would have to throw in Mihm or Blount and a 1st.
Paul is also twice the defender Peja is.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Paul is also....

Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

Paul is also twice the defender Peja is.
and rebounder....and passer....and clutch performer....and.......

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Paul for Peja and Brad Miller I would jump all over.

C--Miller-Mihm
PF-Blount-Hunter
SF-Stojakovic-Welsch
SG-Davis-Welsch
PG-James-Banks

That works quite well for me. Two rebounders (Miller and Blount), two shooters (Stojakovic and Davis), two guys who go to the hoop (Davis and James), and the best passing big man in the game (Miller).

Webber for Pierce isn't that bad, but I wouldn't do it. It makes no sense to me. If we want Webber, why not just have kept Walker? He's younger, more durable, and more versitile.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
Paul for Peja and Brad Miller I would jump all over.

C--Miller-Mihm
PF-Blount-Hunter
SF-Stojakovic-Welsch
SG-Davis-Welsch
PG-James-Banks

That works quite well for me. Two rebounders (Miller and Blount), two shooters (Stojakovic and Davis), two guys who go to the hoop (Davis and James), and the best passing big man in the game (Miller).

Webber for Pierce isn't that bad, but I wouldn't do it. It makes no sense to me. If we want Webber, why not just have kept Walker? He's younger, more durable, and more versitile.
Divac and Luke Walton, along with Miller, are the best passing big men in the game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

Divac and Luke Walton, along with Miller, are the best passing big men in the game.
I'd include Webber in that group as well.

I *love* big men that can catch and pass from the foul line or low block. Opens up so many other options with guys screening off the ball and cutting to the hoop.

Though I'd prefer to hang on to Pierce, this team could certainly use a big man like Brad Miller.

·
Registered
420 Posts
no

I really dont see the point of this thread at all. Why would the kings mess up chemistry and thier starting lineup when they are in title contention right now?? Not every team in the league looks to deal all the time. Winning teams usaually dont trade superstar players. Let alone thier best player. The kings were a joke before c webb got there. They dont need pierce. They are winning without him.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Re: no

Originally posted by <b>Unlimitedgame</b>!
I really dont see the point of this thread at all. Why would the kings mess up chemistry and thier starting lineup when they are in title contention right now?? Not every team in the league looks to deal all the time. Winning teams usaually dont trade superstar players. Let alone thier best player. The kings were a joke before c webb got there. They dont need pierce. They are winning without him.
They don't need CWebb, they've been winning without him.

I want to see the point of the Kings doing this deal, but honestly, I don't. They have Peja already and Doug Christie isn't bad at SG and as the fifth scoring option (when Webber comes back). There's no need for Paul there at all.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'd pass. Pierce is more talented than Webb but they would be getting a good low-post presence which is tempting but I'd only consider this unless Sacramento threw in someone else like a Christie or Jackson but they would just be idiots to do so.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was just looking through some Old School thread and found this one...

No there is no current deal on the table but when anyone be willing to do this deal now? It seems as though everyone was totally against the deal when CWebb was injured but with the way he is playing now...anyone want to trade sides and maybe make the deal (hypothetically speaking)?

With Doug Christie getting old, Pierce takes his spot in the starting lineup and they start Songaila and Tony Allens quick adjustment to the pros would we have Ricky start in place of Paul and have Raef start at C with a quality backup in Blount and have Tony come off the bench??

Just to coversation since no BIG rumors are out there?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts